ROLAND VR760 as a controller?

Has anyone had any luck using the drawbars on a Roland VR760 with Gig Performer as an organ vst controller? I bought a Numa Organ 2 which works great using a midi cable to my audio interface, EXCEPT it doesn’t transmit the high point of the key action, (which works using its internal engine), only the middle. I’ve read that the Roland does, but its drawbars only transmit sysex. Has anyone using any Roland organ found a solution?

What does that mean exactly ? (I own a Numa Organ 2)

Then we should be able to do something using GPScript.

By high trigger point, I’m referring to the distance you have to depress a key to trigger a sound. This is different than velocity. In its normal non-midi state using just the internal sound engine, you can trigger the note on the Numa from a very shallow key press, which allows very fast light fingered playing as found on a real hammond. But using the Numa’s usb or midi to trigger a vst organ requires that you press the key further down, creating the sensation of a heavier action. I discovered a list of the organs that transmit the high point trigger and unfortunately the Numa Organ 2 doesn’t do it. I’ve tested it against a Arturia Keylab 61 mkii and they both have the same mid-trigger point over midi.

Actually, just as an update, I have been comparing the Numa organ 2 to the IKMultimedia B3x. Just got the Numa today and the original plan was to use the Numa strictly as a controller. Had never played it before. But sonically I think I prefer the Numa to the VST. I might be able to dial in the B3x better, but right now, I think the Numa has much more live presence. Using the mixer in Gig Performer makes it a snap to incorporate the Numa in all my rackspaces that originally had the B3x, by putting it into the global rackspace.

I never noticed this, but I will try to check this.

I think the closest from a real B3 is probably the Hammond XK-5, which also simulates the progressive pressing of a key and the corresponding reaction of tonewheels. But, do we really need this? :thinking:

You can also try to couple it with the IK Leslie which is better than the NO2 one.

By the way the NO2 MIDI is poorly implement escpecially when using USB MIDI. So go on using the DIN connectors with it :wink: