RME Fireface UC

Was thing of buying
RME Fireface UC USB 2.0 High-Speed Audio Interface 36-Channel 192 kHz

For use with GP
Any thoughts/issues ?

I own a UCX and don’t know much about UC, but I think they share the same driver which is a dream to me for many reasons (no issues it is rock solid). The RME virtual mixer is also perfect to me. The UC and UCX share the same form factor which makes them easy to install under a piano controller. Here under my VPC1:

I want to upgrade from Focusrite cus had loads of issues.
Baby face is more modern but I don’t need all cabling coming out everywhere,
I like the mounting possibilities with uc,
Just a bit concerned about how old they are.
Cheers

I’m trying to understand the differences between these 2 devices properly. The product pages are very dissimilar, but yet when comparing the 2 it only lists connectivity (USB/Firewire) and class compliance as the diffference.

The UCX page says it has “Low Latency mastering grade converters with outstanding specifications.”, but yet doesn’t say this on the UC page, so is this not also true for the UC?[quote=“simusix2, post:1, topic:4658, full:true”]
Was thing of buying
RME Fireface UC USB 2.0 High-Speed Audio Interface 36-Channel 192 kHz

For use with GP
Any thoughts/issues ?
[/quote]

When was the latest driver update for UC?

Here is a short discussion about the differences:
https://www.forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.php?id=23601

2020-04-27 for the firmware and 2019-06-27 for the driver (but this is a common update with other models which doesn’t mean that the UC firmware has been modified). It only shows that RME doesn’t forget older models.

Was looking at uc and ucx on eBay used and price difference is ÂŁ300.
Was wondering if extras on ucx would make and difference to what I’m using it for in Gp

Generally speaking, I believe it always better to buy the newer audio interface model. Delayed obsolescence.

Maybe I’m getting to anal. I just really need low latency and most importantly reliability live.

The only thing I can tell you is that I never had regrets having bought an UCX… not really true, in fact I bought two of them. :innocent: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

What other choice is out there similar reliability?

Going for babyface pro fs new cus newer model, even though wires hanging out.
Was going For UC s/h , but I’ve enough tissues with gear lately.
Cheers

2 Likes

I like your statement: tissues with gear :rofl: !!
Sometimes I could use more tissues…
Luckily, primarily because of GP, not so much anymore!