Relayer in Cakewalk

Greetings all,

Does anyone have experience running Relayer in Cakewalk (by BandLab)?

Cakewalk recognizes Relayer. I open the Relayer VST within an audio track of CW, and it shows up in the VU meter of that track when I play, but it won’t record anything since it is looking at the inputs of the track (which points to the audio card).

GP is going through my Tascam ASIO interface which I send a (physical) line out to the Line In of the Realtek card that CW is using in Shared Mode.

It’s gotta be something stupid…but I’m afraid that “stupid” and I are old friends.

Thanks,
Joe

It is a bit tricky. I don’t know anything about cakewalk but the trick with capturing audio from Relayer is to route that first channel into a second channel and record that channel.

The reason is that DAWs generally only record the audio input and then send that audio through effects during playback or when monitoring input. However, if you send the channel to another channel, then the output of the effect will be captured.

Makes perfect sense, David!
Thanks for the tip.

Joe

Did it work?

I won’t get to it until tonight…but it will work…I have used that method in the past for other “FX” recording.

Thanks again :slight_smile:

You da man, David! :wink:

1 Like