Recover a crash log?

Any way to recover a crash log?

GP crashed using Vb3 with Pianoteq 6 today at home building a rack for a project. I was messing around with the midi input program a little, too - trying to see what CC (if any) my old stage piano would send out. I’m not sure exactly what caused what… I’m still using my old Roland interface which I know caused issues in the past.

GP tried to send a crash report, but I was offline, so it gave an error. Is there any mechanism inside GP to try and resend it?

Windows or Mac?

When you are offline, or because you want to attach it to a post, you can choose the option to know what is in the crash report and export it to the disk… I have a GPCrash directory somewhere, but I don’t remember if it was created by GP or by me at a time.

Windows

They are in your current user directory, under AppData\Local\GPErrorHandler\UnsentCrashReports.

That’s it!

I had no clue that directory even existed. Thanks all!

1 Like

Im on windows and I don’t have that folder location. Where else could the crash log file exist? Last night I had an embarrassing crash in the middle of a gig and I NEED to make sure it doesn’t happen again. It happened a I switched songs with a midi pedal.