Recommendations for Guitar Amp / Cab-Sim VSTs?

I use S-Gear and think its ace.
I also use BlueCat to get good(ish) acoustic tones so I dont have to change guitars.

I found this:

Meanwhile i am slightly addicted to NDSP’s Archetype Packages… especially “Archetype Plini” got me instantly! You can get some very cool sounds from them and the reactivity while playing is awesome… a big like from my side! :+1: :heart:

2 Likes

For me it’s been the Tone King Imperial. Instantly clicked with this, much more so than any of the other NDSP plugins.

1 Like

And lead us not into temptation… :pray: :see_no_evil: :hear_no_evil: :speak_no_evil:

4 Likes

I am happy to be only a keyboardist.

I’ve been a diehard S-Gear fan forever but recently have been playing a fair few of the Nembrini amps. They are really good, especially if you use your own IRs IMO, but every time I go back to S-Gear I wonder why I bothered with the other sims because I can get all the same sounds (or near as dammit) with S-Gear and the playing experience is so much better.

3 Likes

I mainly use S-Gear for this reason too… but from time to time, for certain moods or ways of playing, NDSP Cory Wong gives me a very nice feeling too. I have tried the other NDSP models but none of them touch me like Cory Wong.

In the virtual world, there is the same notion of preferences for this or that amp or instrument as in the hardware. I think about the eternal questions among guitarists: are you Fender or Gibson, Marshall or Vox, etc…

For me, it depends of course on the type of music but also a bit on the weather and on the brand of beer I am served :beers:

I am always doing the same thing. I tried other amp sims or hardware tell myself they sound good and the minute I compare to S Gear I tell myself. Why did I bother to try an other software.

S Gear is now on version 3 with their new DRIVE THRU drive pedal and more pedals to come.

2 Likes

Yes I know, I beta-tested it a bit, even reported a bug.

1 Like

I am also a beta tester :slight_smile:

1 Like