Recommendations for Guitar Amp / Cab-Sim VSTs?

Dragging my other thread back in here for a slightly modified question… (link below to the other thread)

For those who use S-Gear with GP - for which it seems like there are lots of happy fans! - a similar question to that I asked about STL Tonality in the thread above:

• How does S-Gear expose it’s amp controls to GP? Is it a single set of controls that ‘auto-maps’ itself to the selected amp model? Or does each amp model have a unique set of exposed controls? Essentially the ideal would be that I could create a single rack panel that would work for all of the amps in S-Gear (if I decided to go with S-Gear that is - a high probablity!) rather than having to create one for each model. If that makes sense…

(EDIT: A quick check of the S-Gear manual appears to suggest that there is a single set of controls that get assigned to the current model as required - i.e. ‘gain’ will be gain for any amp model, but ‘channel switch’ would just be for those amps that have it. If someone could confirm this though, that would be ace!)

I will get hold of the demo of S-Gear soon-ish (as well as STL Tonality) but waiting for a less busy time when I can give the short trials a decent amount of use. Hopefully S-Gear 2.9 will be out by then as well.

Splendid.