Rackspaces variation different widgets

I have one rackspace (Pianoteq) with three variations (different sounds). On the front panel I have a bypass button, volume slider and horizontal tape label with caption “Pianoteq”.

Is there any way I can change caption on tape label with different variations in the same rackspace or have different widgets in the same rackspace?

The label you could change with some simple GPScript.

Unfortunately you can’t have different widgets per rackspaces. Are you using Set List mode? You could set up rackspaces with different widgets as required and in set list mode these become your variations.

For normal variations however, I would go the GPScript route. Let us know on here or feel free to send a PM if you want any help with scripting this.

Right now, I have multiple rackspaces in combination with Set list mode. I would like to cut down on racskpaces and just have few of them (as few as possible) - for instance one rackspace for Pianoteq, another one for GSi VB3 etc… I would then manage different patches within one rackspace with a help from variations and Set list. And it would be helpful to see on the front panel, which patch is active (that’s why the tape label).

Here is a piece of code.
In this example the Tape Label has the name L1:

var L1 : Widget

on Variation (oldVariation:integer, newVariation:integer)
if newVariation == 0 then
SetWidgetLabel(L1, “LABEL1”)
end

if newVariation == 1 then
SetWidgetLabel(L1, “LABEL2”)
end
end

2 Likes

@pianopaul, thank you for the code. I will try it out and report back. :slight_smile:

@pianopaul I got it working, thanks ! its one to keep :wink:

@Orien if you have problems compiling, pay attention to the " in LABEL (sometimes copying over it gets to “ or the other way around)

Works like a charm! Thank you.

1 Like