This is a rackspace for Behringer’s Flow 8 USB Mixer with as many features as I could control from within GP. It’s what I imagine the device would look like if it had a full mixer console.
The rackspace controls the device with MIDI. Since the device is one-way only for MIDI, the GP rackspace doesn’t reflect changes that you make from the mixer controls or via the iOS/Android apps. It would be nice to change this but that needs enhancements from Behringer.
Some implementation notes:
- It’s lightweight because there is no plugin used. So it’s created as a rackspace and you can create variations for different songs etc.
- It uses GPScript to display the FX settings (“Reverb”, “Flanger” etc) and all the parameter settings.
- I’ve followed the MIDI spec in the Flow 8 manual
- It has compression for each input (e.g. USB/BT) but I can’t find a MIDI CC for the separate compression level that is available in the mobile app. Another request to Behringer
- The BPM setting need (a) hit play in GP then (b) click the button just beside the BPM under FX2. It’s a bit unreliable because it’s not a MIDI CC - just a stream of C-1 notes on each beat from GP.
Let me know any thoughts on improving the layout or features. Enjoy!
Behringer FLOW 8.rackspace (2.5 MB)