Rackspace advance and reverse instead of songlist mode

This has probably been covered but I would like to create a (go to next) Rackspace or (go back one) Rackspace widget. My question is. does this require some scripting? I’m using a HP Envy touch screen in the tablet mode so unfortunately I don’t have access to computer keyboard. I love having all the touch features to adjust levels, change leslie speed, run the media player and several other things all from touch while playing live. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Also I would love to see some pointer widgets in the future ( > ) , ( < ) also up and down arrows too:)

Insert a System Actions plugin in the Global Rackspace.
Insert 2 Pad button widgets in the Global Rackspace.
Assign Prev and Next to those widgets.
Voila!

3 Likes

If you’re on Mac, then just copy and paste those arrows from a keyboard (or a virtual keyboard). Windows doesn’t display these arrows well. 🡄 🡅 🡆 🡇

Additionally, see the bonus section in this article: Gig Performer | How to change sounds and control plugins from your MIDI controller

1 Like

Thanks so much. This is awesome.~!

1 Like

The global assignment is working fantastic! The only problem I’m having is the global rackspace is taking up too much of the bottom of the screen. Is it possible to create a rack space that is only 1/4 or 1/5 the size of a single rack space. I would love to be able to have program advance and reverse and effects on and off and some audio track mute buttons on a very slim rack. :slight_smile: I don’t know if that is even possible. But of coarse so far there has been a great answer to anything I’ve inquired about. Keeping my fingers crossed:)

You can only show or hide the Global rackspace, you cannot drag that delimiter in the Panels view freely.
If you want smaller panels, try shrinking to the 1U panels instead of 2U (which is default).
Perhaps this blog may help you with the design ideas: Gig Performer | Working with panels and widgets

1 Like

Thanks for the great information. Also thank you for the quick response. I’ll definitely take advantage of the global rackspace as much as I can.

why didn’t anyone suggest an easier option?

He wanted to do this from a touch screen, not with a MIDI controller… please read again the first posting.

And to use a touch screen you have to have a reactive screen-element, which would be a widget.
So, the only way to use widgets to step through rackspaces (or variations, songs, songparts) is the described way of using the functions of the System Actions plugin.

I wanted to update everyone on this post. I’ve been using. Global rack space rackspace advance In one band. In another, where I have a lot more widgets in rack space I put the program advance and previous ( widget) in each rack space. Both systems are working fantastic. One rig is a m1 Mac pro with El o 3102L touchscreen on Monterey. All songs loaded. No need for predictive loading And I can quickly change order of the rackspace s on the fly. This is awesome and convenient for my situation. Both approaches are working. I’m grateful for the advice and all of the help!

3 Likes