Rack layout changes

Hi guys,

I’m new to GP … but looks like it will cater for my needs. One thing that really is frustrating me though … when I save and subsequently re-open a rack … GP has randomly moved the block elements around on the screen. This doesn’t do my OCD any good at all. lol. Seriously though, why won’t they stay where I put them?

Thanks

Grado

This is new … the blocks should definitely stay where you put them.

Are you exporting/importing racks or did you mean when you save/open the gig file?

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. Yes … I create a .gig file from scratch and then save it. When I open it (say) a day later, the objects have randomly moved about the screen. Some only small movements but in the worst case … from the bottom of the screen to the top of the screen.

Thanks

Grado

Hmmm. waiting a day or one minute should not really matter unless there’s something else changing your files.

Is there any way to reliably reproduce this by saving the gig file, then exiting GP and then reopening GP and gig file and the problem happens every time?

Hi,

I’ll have a look at getting some screenshots later today to illustrate.

Thanks

Grado

My partner just reminded me of something that may be what’s going on here … the Audio Input and Audio output blocks (the ones representing your audio interface) cannot be removed and their position will always be reset to top and bottom.

Could it be that that’s what’s going on?

Hi,

Well, yes they are the biggest offenders. So why will it let me move them at all? Strange.

Thanks

Grado