Question for Roland Fantom users

Having hooked up my Fantom-07 the following controls send MIDI data:

• The bank of 8 knobs and sliders send MIDI Pan (CC10) and MIDI Volume (CC07) on their matching MIDI channel numbers. These are bankable to channel 9-16 using the “Zone 9-16” switch. They can be reassigned to transmit CC00-CC95, Pitch bend or Aftertouch. Each have configurable min and max values.

• The two wheels (WHEEL 1 & 2) send pitch-bend and modulation (CC01) respectively. Both can be assigned to CC00-CC95, Pitch bend or Aftertouch.

• The pitch bend lever seems to be fixed at sending pitch bend for left and right move s and CC01 Modulation when pushing up.

• Pedals connected to the CTRL1 and CTRL2 inputs can be reassigned to transmit CC00-CC95, Pitch bend or Aftertouch.

• The switches S1 and S2 can be reassigned to transmit CC00-CC95, Bend down, Bend up, Aftertouch or some internal parameters including Scene Up and Scene Down which transmit bank/patch select messages for the next and previous scene within the Fantom.

• So far, I can’t find a way to reassign the function of the 6 rotary encoders beneath the screen and currently they seem to transmit sysex messages related to their pre-determined editing function.

Hope that helps!

1 Like

Fortunately there is a way to deal with this

3 Likes

Very helpful, thanks Dave.

1 Like

Thanks for this dhj.

I’m bringing this topic back to the front because I have a question about Dave Boulden’s last answer.

Do the buttons under the TouchScreen and the pads on the right also send Midi-CC messages (via USB) externally?

How do you control the change of rackspaces in GigPerformer, only with the TouchScreen or is it also possible with the dial button next to the TouchScreen?

Maybe one more question, because this was not possible with the Korg Kronos, but would be nice: Does the master volume control send midi messages externally via USB?