Question about "Predictive Loading" on loading my project file with having it enabled

Hey, just a small question I currently need to have answered :slight_smile:

So the " Predictive Loading " itself is already pretty good but I wanted to know that if I have this in my project enabled and save it (100+ tracks) and then later close Gigperformer and re-open it, will it load ALL instruments and everything on the INITIAL load of the project or is this feature also already working on openeing a new project so I save a lot of loading time by only loading 5 instruments on opening the project again, despite having 100+?

And will it start always from the first one or can it “remember” the position of where I was when I closed the project (with a save before of course)

Yes, if set to depth 5, predictive loading will make GP only load 2 rackspace before and 2 rackspaces after the one you first load. I don’t remember if the first rackspace selected when saving is the first selected after loading. I have got the feeling, there is such an option, but we will have to check the doc.

If you set open last gig file in Options → General, there is another checkbox to open last used rackspace. I’m not sure what happens if you open a different gig file whether it will remember the last rackspace it used.

Steve