Query regarding enabling/disabling plugins

Hi everyone.

I’m Víctor from Chile and I’m new to the GP community.

I’m working now on a rackspace and I would like to do the following:

Since I don’t have enough keys to play a song that already has a lot of splits and plugins, I’d like to enable with just one button from my MIDI controller one plugin and at the same time disable the previous plugin with both plugins working in the same key range in order to avoid changing rackspaces.

To clarify this, I have two pads that I want to play in the same key range. So, I start the song with Pad 1 enabled and Pad 2 disabled. Then, with just one button, I’d like to enable Pad 2 and disable Pad 1. These pads have a lot of reverb tail so I’d rather avoid changing rackspaces.

Is it possible to do this? I know you can bypass plugins in the edit panel, but I don’t know if there’s an option to enable a previously bypassed plugin.

Please let me know, thanks!

Welcome to the community.

1. Drag two buttons on to a panel
  2. Put them both on the same group
  3. Click on one of them (I clicked the red one), click on Value and then click the Reverse button for the scaling curve
  4. Now assign each button to the Bypass parameter of whatever plugins you want to “toggle” between
  5. Now, when you click on a button, one of the plugins will be bypassed…clicking again will cause the other one to by bypassed and the first to be unbypassed.

Now just associate one of the buttons with a button on your controller and you’re good to go

1 Like

Thank you so much! It worked really well!

At first it didn´t work because I was toggling between two kontakt instruments (two different instances of kontakt) that were on the same midi channel, but then I changed one of the two to omni and then I was good to go.

That shouldn’t have mattered -