Problem with Process Audio Sugar

Is anybody using Process Audio Sugar with Gig Performer 4.
It is not working for me. It works fine in Logic, but when I use it in Gig Performer I have the following problem:
Basically I can use it, then save my Gig Performer Gig File and then when I open the File the plugin is not working. It only makes a muffled sound. So it is not a problem of the plugin not showing up or something I can use it, but the next time I open my Gig File with an instrument where I have put Sugar for example between EZ Drummer and the Audio Mixer there only comes a muffled sound. I am using an M1 iMac with Catalina. Sugar is M1 compatible that should not be the problem. And as I said it seems to work fine in Logic.

Did you see this topic?
I also thought Big Sur was the first OS that supported the M1.

This is the answer I got from Process Audio. All I can say is that the problem remains also with another sample rate.

I cannot say Sugar has been tested in this way; however, it should work.

Please make sure you are using the most up-to-date version of Sugar (v 1.2.3). You can access this by logging into process.audio, My Account (top right corner), My Licenses, and clicking Download.

Kind Regards,

What happens when you save as a GP preset, build a new gig and load that preset?

I did something like that - even on another computer a MacBook Air with Big Sur and still the same problem which is a shame because Sugar is really a nice tool…

Can you test in MainStage?

As I said before in Logic there is no problem. I don’t use MainStage because I prefer Gig Performer :smile:

I understand completely :wink:

So this is a strange situation, seems the stored state of the plugin is someting corrupt.

One another idea
In Plugin manager you can set the “Load Type” of a plugin to “Delayed Loading”, can you try using that setting?

1 Like

OK, I will try… Thank you!

I can/could try that, but on the other hand my inner voice tells me never change a winning team because everything else works very fine.

Yes, but for each plugin you can set that option, so there should be no side effect.

OK, that is good to know!

I did a quick test on my MacBook with the delayed setting and now it works - it sounds fine.
Still have to try on my main Mac, but this looks promising :grinning:

I don’t understand exactly what effect this delayed setting has, but maybe this is the solution.

So I did a test on my main Mac with the delayed setting and Sugar works.
Thank you very much. I guess we have found the solution - very nice!

1 Like

Actually, this is a mechanism we put in place to deal with plugins that don’t initialize themselves properly. We consider it to be a “hack” to fix broken plugins :slight_smile:

2 Likes