Presonus Quantum 2626 audio Interface (short shout out / its fast)

a Short Shout out:

it works !
its super fast !!
its afforable !
i Love it !

I use it on a M1 mac
( can still crash right now / i run mostly several audio applications side by side, tough)

A dream comes true !
…another Puzzle stone in the big Puzzle is set !
Hurray !

M1mac + GP3 + VST-FX + Quantum2626
= your FX Box on steroids .

its the thing, its the future.
…no further telephones @ home, asking when i´m there. I AM @ HOME NOW

imho, YMMV :wink:

4 Likes

Another happy Quantum 2626 user here
MBP Mid 2012, Catalina

4 Likes

Hey, I’m owning a Quantum 2626 as well.
I’m using it to route one single channel for BD, Snare,Hihat, Toms stereo, Overheads Stereo, Ambience to the FOH when using Superior Dumme 3 with multiple outs for live Performance.

However, as the Quantum is not build to perform as standalone Mixer I am using SD3-Plugin in Studio One and Route the channels in Studio one to the Sub-outs.

Would Gig performer be able to let me use SD3 without Studio one and be able to route the single Instrument channels?

Cheers, Frank

Welcome to the GP forum, Frank.

GP appears to. When you add SD3 in the wiring view, it exposes all 32 of SD3’s outputs.

My only concern would be that when you right-click on it, and select “Bus Layout…” from the menu, it can’t be modified; it shows left/right pairs as stereo only. SD3 can be set to either output the entire kit on the S1/2 pair, for example, in stereo, or on some combination of mono outputs (not consistent across kits; the reason I do the mixing in SD3 and output the stereo pair on 1/2). You’ll have to check what happens when you connect a mono channel (like “Snare Bottom”) to your 2626. Maybe someone can provide additional enlightenment.

I also haven’t found a way to set the wiring view to just the 1/2 output pair. Even when I just use the 1/2 pair, the entire 32 audio outputs are always shown, taking up a bunch of screen real estate.

If you don’t get any additional responses, I’d suggest creating a new topic with SD3 output routing in the topic title. Your question might get lost here.

1 Like

Thanks for the welcome and Information…

Guess I will load the trial Version and see, what I can do.

Cheers, Frank