PreSonus Ampire

Does anyone else have any issues running PreSonus Ampire (3.0.0.1) in Gig Performer? On my M1 MacBook Air, I’m running the VST3. When I change amps, the sound changes initially, but the amp knobs and switches don’t change the sound. A similar behavior occurs with the Ampire Pedalboard in which the knobs of the pedals don’t respond (but I can turn on and off the pedals).

I tested the plugin in Ableton Live and it didn’t have this behavior.

@alc , are you running GP with Rosetta turned on?

X

I run it in native mode but I tried it both ways and same behavior. Ampire is M1 native.

Do other plugins work properly?

Seems all the PreSonus plugins behaves similarly. If I change to a preset, then subsequently, the knobs, switches, or buttons don’t do anything. Tried Fat Channel, RedlightDist, Analog Delay, and Rotor, as well.

I just tested it on Windows and I’m getting the same behavior there as well.

If I encapsulate the plugin within Waves StudioRack, it works fine.

I repeat my question. Do other VST plugins work properly? Specifically plugins from other companies?

Yes, no problems with other plugins.

Any ideas? Are PreSonus plugins working for others?

I think @themaartian might use Ampire, but I don’t recall anyone else on the forum ever discussing it.

I have Ampire, but I don’t use it. I use AmpliTube 5. I’m on Win11. I just created a new gig file, added an instance of Ampire…and brought GP to its knees. The first thing I did was right-click on the Ampire block to change the Bus Layout to Mono (I use Inst/Mic/Line Input 1 for bass and Inst/Mic/Line Input 2 for guitar on my 1810c). GP became super sluggish, almost unresponsive. I was able to close it by right-clicking on the GP icon in the Taskbar and selecting “Close all windows” (Task Manager not required). Windows created a crash dump, but after searching a bunch of different locations, I couldn’t find it.

Long story short, I’ll not be using Ampire even inside of Studio One.

1 Like

I get that sluggish behavior as well when attempting to change to mono. I eventually can change it with a bit of patience.

If you ignore that and just connect a single channel, are you able to reproduce the other issue with the knobs and switches not working after selecting a preset?

On Windows 11, I changed both amps and speaker cabs several times. After each change, the knobs and switches on the amps operated normally. I also changed the preset several times, and both knobs and switches behaved normally. Something must be different on the Mac.

EDIT: on rereading your first post, are your knobs and switches moving with the mouse, but not affecting the sound? I didn’t plug my bass in, so didn’t try that. Let me know.

Thanks for trying it out. I appreciate it.

Yes, the knobs and switches move but the sound doesn’t change.

This happens on both Mac and Windows for me.

1 Like

OK, I plugged a bass into Instrument Input 1 on my 1810c and routed it to the left channel of Ampire, connecting Ampire’s stereo outputs to my audio interface.

I tried several different bass presets that use the same amp model. Changing the presets changed the knob positions on the amp, and the sound output changed accordingly. But changing the knobs after that had no impact on the sound until I changed presets again.

Seems to confirm your experience.

Recommendation: use AmpliTube. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

On my Mac, I reinstalled PreSonus Hub and installed AU support this time. It turns out that this behavior (knobs and switches not affecting the sound) only happens with VST3. The AU plugin behaves as it should.