Preparing Gig Performer for Action with Powerlord

I would love to get hold of the ‘current song/next song’ in LARGE letters API… is it available anywhere yet?

The one shown in the first post is available here:
Rackspace & Song Selector Extension

2 Likes

This was really a great episode.

One somehow gets this feeling that one hour episode with Angel is simply not enough! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I agree, beside the bad sound quality at the end (very difficult to understand @BPontecorvo and @dhj at the end), I really liked this episode. GP is so open that you can use it in many different way and I like to discover other use cases. Talking is nice, but playing and demoing like @Angel did is by far much better in my opinion. And thanks to @Angel for the citation. :wink:

Since I can see that Angel is doing a great job of describing moving from Forte’ to Gig Performer, I will NOT talk much if at all about that when my turn comes around. I was so happy to see that one of my former Forte’ power user cohorts had made the move to Gig Performer. Angel is both a great musician and a great programmer. We are blessed to have him as part of our community. @Angel , you rock my friend!

X

3 Likes

We are happy to have you both in the GP community. You have more than paid for your misguided youth with Forte… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
More seriously, if the other former Forte users are like you, go and get them all to bring them here, that would be great. :+1:

5 Likes

Thank you! I think that these Backstage episodes are great stuff. I’m looking forward to seeing your episode!

All three of you rock :beers:

1 Like

A number of them went to Cantabile… MISGUIDED!

I bought a license for that as well, but thankfully I saw the light.

X

4 Likes

That’s true, I come from Cantabile :wink:

2 Likes

More photos and info Angel shared on the FB group here.

3 Likes

I come from Cantabile too. I switched to GigPerformer because I decided to buy a MacBookPro. Cantabile is only Windows based.
I think Cantabile is a very nice software, less immediate than GigPerformer and with a harder learning curve. But really effective at the end.
In both cases community on line helps a lot.
Such as the developers always online.
I must be positive and thankful to both teams.

1 Like

The bus structure is not something that I like when I am in musician mode. I am stil using Windows, but very happy to have switched to Gig Performer. :wink:

Everyone is free to pick what he prefers. Luckily!
I was only trying to report my opinion.
I was able to setup my gigs with Cantabile.
It was absolutely impossible with Mainstage.
I just wanted to make it clear

And it is of course valuable :wink: