Predictive loading VS setlists

Hi!

Im testing GP3 to see if it fits my needs.
The way i understand GP is that you create rackspaces, songs and setlists.
A setlist contains songs, and songs point to rackspaces.

With predictive loading enabled i would suspect that it would apply on the order of the setlist. Instead i only see the underlying rackspaces loaded in its order.

I would really like to see predictive loading enabled on setlists. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

p.s. i need to do spontanious songs also, so in some cases i need to jump to a song thats not in the setlist. Therefore i still need all rackspaces available in there.

A setlist contains songs
Songs contain Song Parts
and Song parts point to Rackspace variations

1 Like

When you are in a setlist you can add very easily a defined song which is not in the setlist.

Predictive load is working perfect, you can see it when you choose a defined set list.
At the beginning you see a setlist called All Songs which is not a defined Set List and therefore you were probably thinking that predictive load is not working, but believe me - it is working fine.

The way i’ve seen it work is that the rackspaces are predictively loaded in the order of the rackspaces. I like the rackspaces to be predictively loaded in the order of the setlist.

Is that possible to?

I do not understand, in my gigs I am using Set Lists and with predictive load enabled the rackspaces for the selected set list are loaded.

How to you load your gig?
Does is look this way before you load?

When it looks this way and you load a gig then you will see all your defined songs in the SetList “All Songs” and the rackspaces are loaded the way like the songs are in the list.
Then when you switch to your defined SetList the used rackspaces in this SetList are loaded and the not needed rackspaces are released from memory.
When you save your gig while a defined setlist is selected and load it again while SetList Mode is chosen then first the rackspaces are loaded in the order defined in the “All Songs” Setlist but then autmatically your chosen SetList is activated and then the needed rackspaces are loaded again.
I know there is some kind of improvement but at then end predictive load is working as it should.

When i get back from work i’ll post a picture. I think that will make things more clear. Thanks for your help Paul!

I just tested that myself and can confirm it´s working perfectly like you (and me) would expect.
The order of predictevely loaded rackspaces is dependant on the Setlist.
The order of the rackspaces itself is not relevant when you´re in Setlist / Song view.

Please take a look to the screenshot.
I created 6 rackspaces and 6 corresponding Songs. As I placed Song6 to first Position of the Setlist and the others in decreasing order, you can see rackspaces 4-6 are loaded.

1 Like

Hi! You are right, my repo case was not.
I’ve got it working now.

I like that its not loading rackspaces i don’t use!
Thanks for your help!

1 Like

I would think predictive loading would be especially useful in set list view.

I hope this is not a dumb question, but it would great if you could list the number of “songs” to be subject to predictive loading, rather than rackspaces

For example. if you are performing and you want the first set to be loaded. If there are 15 songs in the first set, it would be good if you could select 15 songs (rather than a number of rackspaces). (I know the user could do the math of figuring out how many rackspaces are in the first set, but this would seem to be easier and more user friendly).

Then you will have time between sets to load the 2nd set, etc.

Jeff

How should that work as each song can have more than 1 rackspace?

Gig Performer would load how ever many rackspaces are within the number of songs selected.

Actually it would be even more intuitive if the user did not even have to count the number of songs.

The fact that the term “set” is sometimes used to refer to a portion of the gig confuses things. For example, if you are doing a show, you might break things down into three “sets”. I will refer to these as "subsets.

So, it would be good if you could just have Gig Performer load all in songs a subset (load 1st subset, then after the first set, load 2nd subset, etc.

OK, but when Gig Performer is opened in rackspace view, how many rackspaces should be loaded?

I guess they would be mutually exclusive. You would either do predictive loading based on songs/subsets or based on numbers of rackspaces.

So, if you did song-based predictive loading, it would replace the rackspaces loaded via rackspace-based predictive loading. (Of course it might end up loading some of the same rackspaces anyway).

I just think this would be a heightened level of usefulness. If you are doing a show (or even practicing for a show) you want to load whatever you need for that show (or perhaps one set in the show at a time).

Do you play songs in a setlist in random order?

Generally no. But, I supposed sometimes the group might skip around a bit.

I don’t think this is just for me. I think it is an intuitive and usefully way to perform predictive loading for employees using set lists. (I suspect the set list approach is extremely useful for many of you customers).

Ugh, “employees”! I am an employment lawyer. So, this is my mind while I’m posting. Hah!

1 Like