Possible Low Latency Audio Solution

Sure. Here is a bit more detail.

I run Waves LV1, which is a software based live sound solution, integrated with Waves hardware and plugins.

For hardware, my setup includes (2) Digigrid IOX, and a SoundGrid Server Extreme (v3).
That provides 24 preamps and 12 line outs, as well as 8 Stereo headphone outputs. Using myMon, my bandmates and I can control our own IEM mixes using our iPhones or ipads.

My Host machine(windows 10 computer) runs Waves LV1 software. The Waves specific plugs are offloaded to the Extreme server over ethernet.
Additional computers can be added simply by install ASIO driver. So, I use LV1 in my studio as well as live.

Why did I want to use GP4? Well, Waves solution is limited to Waves only plugins. However, I can use external software inserts to add plugins that are on my computer. They just wont get offloaded onto the Wave extreme server.

I want to use GP for sound variations. Much like a pedal board for guitar, omaybe use some backing tracks, and plugins that I love that are not part of Waves…think SoundToys, BiasFX, etc.

The Waves Host computer doent have to be a very powerful computer. And, I could have a dedicated GP4 machine that can run lots of plugs in low latency.

I also control everything with TouchScreen monitors and soon a wireless iPad solution as well using Luna Display HDMI dongle. a whole different topic.

My basic goal with GP is for my guitar and vocal plugin chain, but I am learning about ways to maybe add effects for the whole band, maybe run the performance with GP4, etc.

There are lots of options to be creative with how one used GP4. I am just learning.

edit: My host PC (runs GP4 and Waves LV1) is 10700k with 64gb ram and all NVME harddrives in a high airflow case that is very quiet. I use (2) 21.5" Touchscreen monitors.

My whole rig price is in US$20,000ish range, but it could be done for less or more depending on you I/O needs…

2 Likes