Popup Messages

Another Topic. I often have problems with Popup Messages from my used VST instruments. Sometimes the Native Instruments stuff or Spectrasonics wants a confirmation. For instance when you changed a sound and it asks if you want to save it before you close it or change the program. But the popup allways comes up behind the opened VST instruments window. So don´t have a chance to bring it up front to select anything. When I select it in the task bar it stays behind the instruments window.
For Spectrasonics I can click the X to close it when I select it in the task bar. For the Native Instruments stuff I can´t. If that popup is in the background there is no way to move any other window within GP. So sometimes the only possibility I have is to kill GP.

Maybe this is a thing that needs to be managed by the host application.

regards
Christian

I did a test with 2 machines and I expereince the same in both. In other VST host, Kontakt doesn’t behave the same and its popup message stays on top of everything else. For the time being, you can uncheck “Keep Plugins on Top” in preferences.

Christian, I have experienced the same with Kontakt. I change an instrument loaded in Kontakt, for example a drawbar setting in a Vintage Organ instrument preset, try to remove the instrument without saving first, and the dialog box is hidden behind all windows.

My workaround: If I truly do want to remove the instrument, I’ll click the upper right “X”, then hit the “N” key. I can also hit the “Esc” key IF I realize that I don’t want to remove the instrument. If I hit the “X” by mistake and GP seems frozen, I’ll use the alt-tab combination to see if there is a hidden dialog box I need to respond to.