Plugins available at discount for holidays

Yeah sure, why not?
First i have to install and register the Komplete Select and after that, i am qualified to install and register the upgrade to the full version, which i will install then…
No problem so far. I already did the same with the AIR-Music bundle.

OK, you are allowed to buy, but not to use before you can proof you own the select version. Now it is clear for me.

@schamass, I have got another question, because I plan to buy a used Komplete ultimate 10. Imagine my seller bought a Komplete ultimate 12 upgrade based on a previously bought ultimate 10. Is it possible for him to transfer the KU 10 license to somebody else ? If yes, I could probably have trouble to upgrade it to KU 12 ?

May I ask you to try to see if, having activated Komplete based on Komplete select, you could transfer your Komplete select license to somebody else ?

I just purchased a used Konplete Ultimate 10 from a nice guy for 250€. Is it worth updating to version 12?

Soundtoys have some good deals. Thinking of picking up EchoBoy for $49 (down from $199).

I see SoundToys is selling their entire collection for $249 but how good are those plugins compared to plugins from Overloud, say? How is EchoBoy compared to the OuterSpace BOSS Echo emulator that AudioThing sells?
Also, these plugins look like they’re really aimed at the mix/mastering audience rather than the live performing audience…any thoughts?

I am using Phaser, echoboy, Filter, Little plate, microshift and effect rack live
Works fine

Understood but are they any better than similar effects available from numerous other companies?

In particular, how is echoboy compared to OuterSpace?

Soundsos is a class of its own.
Compared to OuterSpace echoboy is a beast in tweaking.
The Chorus-Effect are superb.
I would say when you call echoboy a delay you only scratched the surface.
But I like Outerspace very much also, because it sounds so warm and the 3 independent delays are very welcome.
On the other side echoboy can do rhytmic delays…
I use both, and both have their points.

It is - like always - just a matter of taste.

That’s right, but to tell the truth I had difficulties to get the results I wanted with it. I recognize that it comes probably from my lack of experience with this kind of effets that are a bit complicated to me.
But, the Soundtoys marketing is, in my opinion, quite border line when they display their Echoboy next to an original Boss Space Echo or the CE-1:

In fact Echoboy is quite far from any original hardware in the sense that it is in fact very difficult to reproduce what you can do with the real hardware. At a time, I asked the following candid question to their support:
« I am interested in a CE-1 effect replica. I just installed Echoboy and set it to the CE-1 preset, but I don’t find the equivalent settings of an hardware CE-1 (chorus intensity, vibrato depth and rate, vibrato/chorus switch)? Which of the Echoboy settings are equivalent to the original CE-1 pedal? » The short answer is none of the settings is equivalent or even close to!

Echoboy makes probably sense in many situations, if you have the skills or the time to use it the right way. But, when it comes to reproduce an hardware effect that you heard many times on records (e.g. the CE-1 on the Supertramp Wurly), products doing what Outerspace do with Space Echo are in my opinion much easier to work with.

I took the time to re-evaluate my first opinion regarding Echoboy, and it is true that the rhythmic delays are very nice.

I think echoboy was never designed to emulate the Boss CE-1 - even when there is a preset called CE-1 which sounds like 1 of the effects created by CE-1.

I agree with you, that’s why I said their marketing is border line when displaying hardware effects panels on their Echoboy web page.

Do you know D16 Group Repeater?

But the do not explicitely reference CE-1
“Get instant access to a whole range of classic echo box tones, including EchoPlex, Space Echo, Memory Man, DM-2, and the TelRay oil can delay.”

And they say this
“choBoy’s chorus even emulates the CE-1 chorus”

No single word calling Vibrato - or do I miss something?

Yes, this and the foto above made me though I could reproduce what you can do with a CE-1.

With so much talk of keys plugins on this forum I’ve decided to branch out from guitar only :grinning: I picked up Lounge Lizard EP-4 at 50% off. I enjoyed the trial and found it nice and easy to work with. I also plan on getting Blue3 later.

I (my bank a/c) couldn’t justify getting the complete Soundtoys bundle, particularly because there would be quite a few I wouldn’t use. But I did get 3: EchoBoy, PhaseMistress (so much nicer than Lounge Lizards phaser), and Crystallizer. Crystallizer was a last minute decision, but I really liked the Guitars/Keys presets it had - doubling, octave, reverse etc.