Plug-in title not visible

Hello, I have a small problem in the display of plug-ins, and that almost always happens. The problem is that when the plugin is opened, the top of the plug in window (the title) is not visible because the plugin is opened too high.
When it starts to open this way, all plugins have the same behavior.

This problem is very annoying as it is not possible to close the plugin from the title bar.

Thank you in advance who can give me a definitive solution.
Angelo

Are you using an external additional Screen?
Are you on Mac?

Did you contact the GigPerformer Support?

Hello Pianopaul, I thank you for your interest.
Yes, I’m using a laptop with a resolution of 1920 * 1080 and an external monitor with a resolution of 3840 * 2160 with 150% of text and app scaling.

OS Win 10 Home
I have not yet contacted the support, I tried here, maybe someone already has a solution.

Did you start GigPerformer from the external screen?

The main screen configured is that of the laptop, GIG is launched from this.

Does this happen also when the external screen is not connected?

I do not know.
I tried now to disconnect it and the problem does not occur.
I re-connected the second screen again and I see that the problem no longer appears.
This is a beautiful mystery.

I think it depends on the order where you start/close GigPerformer.

Same issue here… also on a laptop with UHD display which is also connected to a 4k TV.
Most of the times, the plugin windows are positioned too high when they open up (arturia, air music), but there also are some exeptions (i can’t tell why some of them behave normally). I tried various screen resolutions on both screens (3840x2160 and 1920x1080) with the TV connected and also the display of the laptop alone.

Between activation of the second screen and gig?

both are running before gigperformer is started.

I tried the VST3 version and they seem to work as they should… at least on my PC. Cool thing! :sunglasses::star_struck:

Same issue here. And I’m just running one monitor (Samsung S19F350 19") from Biostar motherboard VGA port. Windows 7 64 bit.
I also have a backup machine, with an AOC USB monitor, using DisplayLink software, and the issue still persists.
The biggest frustration for me is not being able to grab the title bar, in order to move the window.
(It’s been this way from the first version of GP I’ve ever used)

WORKAROUND SOLUTION (Windows):

• Place your mouse on the program icon in the taskbar, then hold “SHIFT” and right click.
  • Select “Move” from the little menu that pops up.
    You can then use your arrow keys to move the window.
    Also, once you move it, subsequent instances of that VST may retain the new screen position.

Another screen trick BTW, is to select “Auto-hide the taskbar”, from the taskbar’s Properties screen. This will keep the task bar from overlaying the bottom of any VST windows that extend the full screen height.

1 Like

I think I understand the cause of the problem.
Plug-ins like those of Arturia have the possibility to configure the window resize even over 100%. If you increase beyond the resolution of your screen, when you go to reopen the plugin this will be positioned starting from the top left corner (we set as an example to coordinate y = 0).
Here the problem arises because the Arturia plugin is contained within the gig window, and being positioned at a Y = 0 coordinate the title of the GIG window will be found at a value of the coordinate y> 0 and then above the visible area of the screen .
GIG also remembers the last positioning of the plugin, and therefore, even closing it and reopening the plugin again, this will always be placed in the same position. Even if you do a replace with another plugin, the placement will always remain the same.
The WA supplied by the excellent mrbeverage allows you to reposition the plugin as you wish.

I hope I have helped the GIG team