Piano in the Global rackspace

Can’t wait to try version 4.5.
Is there a way to contact developers. I have a bug when I switch from rackspace with piano in global rackspace enabled to an other rackspace without the piano from global rackspace and I hold key (seamless transition) the piano sound keeps playing …

Can you upload a small gig to show the issue?

That’s not a bug.

after I release the key and press it again, the piano sound from the global rackspace is sounding.
that’s a bug for me.

Please upload a gig file to show the issue. Das

I must be missing something. If you have a synth and a midi in block in the global rackspace and you play a note on the keyboard, it will always play. That is the one of the purposes of the global rackspace. Why do you think it shouldn’t play?

I have no from global rackspace block in all rackspaces.
Only in the ones I need the piano.
so if there’s no “from global rackspace block” I assume the sound from global rackspace should not be active.
I’ll try to make a gigfile tomorrow and will post it here.

Meanwhile, this video may help:

globalpianotest.gig (35.8 KB)

In order to reproduce , you keep playing a chord while you change to the second rackspace.
as long as you play the same chord at the same tempo/interval you will hear the piano sound. Once you release the keys longer then the 2.5 seconds (midi patch persistent > maximum audio tail length ) the piano sound will disappear.

If I’m not mistaken, there is nothing to send a NoteOff message to the KeysOfThe70’s plugin in the global rackspace when you switch from one rackspace to another—that’s why you get hung notes.

1 Like

@vercom, the reasons why you put the piano in the global rackspace are probably not the good ones. If you need to play the piano anytime and on the same controller keyboard, then OK, why not, put it in the global rackspace. If you use it with different controller/splits configured in rackspaces, then use it in the rackspace where you need it. You won’t save much putting it in the global rackspace.

2 Likes