PA's Knifonium on sale (JUST TODAY 02/11/2021)!

From the Plugin Alliance Facebook group:

Flash Sale ! JUST $39.99 TODAY!*

Code: KNIF-3999

Expires Feb 12, 11:59 PM PST

*Local VAT taxes may be added for purchases made in Europe, only if applicable by EU law.

1 Like

Knifonium is a very good synth with wonderful ā€œanalogā€ sound!!

39.99 + Vat is a real bargain for this synth.

But it is also a bit CPU hungry ā€¦ using it together with IK B3X may be a Stresstest for older Systems :weight_lifting_man:

Yeah, i often read about this. But i hope that my system will be ā€œstrongā€ enough to handle it.
Canā€™t say ā€œnoā€ for this price. :innocent: :grimacing:

Always the same old storyšŸ˜œ

2 Likes

True words!
But compared to all the money i spent for cigarettes when i was a smoker or the money i.e. some car enthusiasts spend for their machines (stainless steel exhaust, cool aluminium rims, race kits although they never will drive any races, and so onā€¦), all those plugins are just peanuts.
Photography was my hobby for quite a long time - i barely think that all my Software, MIDI controllers, guitars and plugins together are as expensive as my camera plus one or two lenses (and i own more than two lenses :grimacing: ).
So i really take it lightly if i ā€œhave toā€ buy it when there is some attractive plugin crossing my way from time to time. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Hey Erik what a wonderful contributor you are - really enjoyed your Youtube video with Brett (the hippy). Fantastic beyond basics intro to Gig Performer - highly recommended to anyone new to GP.

Iā€™d like to welcome you to the poor manā€™s Knifonium club too lol! Now that youā€™ve had some time to ravish all those lovely Bakelite knobsā€¦ that sounds wrong. Iā€™ll back that up.

Now that youā€™ve had some time using the PA Knifonium VSTi, can you tell me (and maybe this is a GP question) how I can access the Knifoniumā€™s EXT1 and EXT2 audio inputs since I see they donā€™t seem to appear in Gig Performer wiring view as other synthsā€™ inputs do?

Hope you can shed some light.

1 Like

Hey Kevin,
thanks for the kind wordsā€¦ glad you liked the video. :sunglasses:
I will have a look at the audio inputs, but i actually have only little hope that there will be a way to access them if the plugin doesnā€™t expose those channels to the outside world.
Oh, and welcome to the GP-family! :beers:

Aha. So maybe my first post here turns into a feature request: VSTi v3 side-chain input support. The devs will start out hating me. For comparison I have had nothing but success sending virtual CV into the Knifonium VSTi v3 using REAPER. Iā€™ve noticed that other plugins, particularly VST2s from Air, like Loom and VacuumPro etc do expose inputs. Come to think of it I have not tried the VST2 version of Knifonium. So that will happen soon. Thanks again and thanks for the welcome!

I can see audio in with gp 4
Bildschirmfoto 2022-01-28 um 21.08.04

Hah. Wonder whatā€™s wrong in my GP.

what version are you using?
vst or vst3 or au?

Ryzen/Win10 VST3

You know what Iā€™m going to reboot in case that fixes something.

ok try vst

In my GP only the knifonium VST has audio inputs, the VST3 not.

In case I can jump the gun and blame Windows permissions. I just ran GP as administrator and it rescanned all my VSTs of courseā€¦ tried placing a Knifonium VST3 same result no audio inputs. Iā€™m doing the honking great reboot now.

knifonium vst not vst3

Ok it got a little weirder. Fresh reboot, new empty gig:

Can confirm again no input exposed by VSTi3 instance, and one (1) not two on VST(2) instance

Also, bizarrely perhaps, thereā€™s only one audio output channel for VST2. I donā€™t recall seeing a mono version of the Knifoniumā€¦ hm.

I get the weird feeling Iā€™m doing something wronglyā€¦

how looks the bus layout?

1 Like

Ah. Hereā€™s another element that may be nonstandard in my setup, maybe causal.? Iā€™m sending audio to an ATEM Mini Pro via ASIO4ALL

If this is just not going to work in GP, ok. I donā€™t want to cause any goose-chasing wild or otherwise