Panel widget?

Hi can somebody please explain the panel widget and what it is for. Sorry if this stupid question lol

It is explained briefly in the manual and this thread :slight_smile: Do you need more details?

2 Likes

I like the panel widget. I am dreaming of an option to use a bitmap as a background :wink:

This would not be too bad…
I am dreaming of a panel working as a container-frame, so that all the widgets that are placed into it will keep their relative position (or even size). That way a widget group could be moved around very easy, and maybe this “container” could also be transported over to GPScript where there could be callbacks, functions and automatically arranged widget arrays for all the members of a panel/frame…
But i don’t know if this would be a dream or a nightmare for our developpers…? :innocent::wink:

1 Like

And I guess I would also be interesting for you to be able to save this container widget as a template to be used in other rackspaces ? :innocent: :innocent: :innocent:

1 Like

Like a song from Nazareth: …dream on… :wink:

:stuck_out_tongue: :musical_note: … Though youre foolin’ yourself… Dream on… :musical_note: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I think we have that written down somewhere and we prepared the panel widget for such a thing. It is simply low priority right now, but most likely your dreams will come true eventually :slight_smile:

3 Likes