Pairing iPad and MBP

Wondering why my iPad will not pair with my MacBook Pro. It recognizes it. Any ideas?

It was working fine Friday, but when I fired it up today, nothing…

System update?

There is one available for the Mac. The iPad is up to date. I’ll try updating the Mac.

This was answered already on Facebook. Apple does not support pairing between Mac and iPad.

Are you 100% certain of that? As has been mentioned (and it’s in Apple support docs as well), such a pairing is not supported

It does pair, but not in the traditional Bluetooth pairing sense. It was working fine Friday. I updated the Mac OS, but that didn’t seem to do anything.

What are you trying to achieve? Most probably Bluetooth MIDI, right?
This is done in the Audio-MIDI-Setup, not in the Bluetooth menu.

Yes, but you were asking about Bluetooth pairing.

You can certainly connect an iPad to a Mac and transmit MIDI data bidirectionally but that is not done via Bluetooth.