Override global tempo in setlist song properties suddenly not working

I’m going through my setlist setting the tempo for each song. My use for the tempo is having a lamp blinking in the correct tempo before I start to play a song.

What I run into is this;

After having done this for 3-4 songs, the tempo field will suddenly not take the new value. The up and down arrows for the field also disappears.

So far it seems like closing GP an opening the gigfile again fixes the problem.

Any thoughts?

Is this reproducible — if so, are you on Mac or on Windows and can you provide steps to reproduce it please?

At least it has happened 2-3 times earlier today. 1:30 am here now. Will see if it happens again when I continue putting BPMs into the setlist tomorrow.

I’m on Windows 10.

• Just double clicked the song title.
  • Properties window open
  • For some songs I change the key
  • Moves the Override global tempo slider
  • Enters the tempo field and try to change the value
  • If the up/down arrows are there, I know I will succeed in changing the value
  • If not, I can write in a value, but when I leave the field, the tempo value has not changed

It seems to be ok again after closing the gig and opening it again.

Are you saying that the pop-up that allows you to enter the tempo does not appear at all, or only the orange arrows on either end don’t appear?

The pop-up appear, the arrows are missing, I can write in a value, press Enter and leave the pop-up, but the value in the Tempo field doesn’t change.

Thanks. I haven’t seen this issue before. Perhaps try replicating this on other similar number entry fields to determine whether this occurs on all number entry fields, or only the song tempo e.g. there are similar ones in the rackspace properties.

I’ll look out for it. The Transpose field in the MIDI in block has the same kind of pop-up, but I don’t think I have experienced it there yet.

1 Like

When you press Enter, the popup should stay there until you press Enter a second time. Does it?

Yes, it does.

It also works, and changes the value in the Temp field just, pressing Enter once, then clicking ouside the popup.

Sorry, I’m asking a slightly different question. Regardless of whether those arrows appear (which is strange), if you always press enter twice, do you still have a failure after 3-4 parts?

Not quite sure, but rather sure. Most of the time I’ve pressed Enter once, then clicked outside the box.

Kind of hope the problem will reappear within the next two hours, so I can check :slight_smile:

OK - the next time this happens, if the arrows are not there, could you please take a screen shot and post it here so we can see exactly what’s happening?

I will.