OSC routed from local to global rackspace

Yes I do, no problem with that.

What do you do so that no MIDI is received in the global rackspace?

Thanks, this is rather bad news for me, because it seems that the problem is just somehow related to my machine… :neutral_face:

Did you check that MIDI comes in from your Controller?

Sure, it works fine, sending incoming MIDI signal MIDI OUT OSC in the local rackspaces work and playing with local plugins work fine. The problem is that Global rackpace has no MIDI coming from the local rackspace, which is sent in MIDI OUT OSC, e.g. “/PianoteqOsc/Midi” etc.

And exactly that issue I could not reproduce.

Umm, could it be something related to OS or memory, for instance? I suppose that you have some new machine with M1?

I still have Early 2015 MB Pro with i7, 16 GB RAM, 1TB SSD, MacOS Mojave. Tried to upgrade to Catalina with terrible result, I have downgraded back to Mojave. This is probably the only problem with the Mac, otherwise it runs very smoothly…

My machine is Mac Book pro 2018 with Big Sur and 32GB RAM

This machines should work with Catalina

• MacBook Pro (13", 2020, zwei Thunderbolt 3-AnschlĂźsse)

• MacBook Pro (13", 2020, vier Thunderbolt 3-AnschlĂźsse)

• MacBook Pro (16", 2019)

• MacBook Pro (13", 2019, zwei Thunderbolt 3-AnschlĂźsse)

• MacBook Pro (15", 2019)

• MacBook Pro (13", 2019, vier Thunderbolt 3-AnschlĂźsse)

• MacBook Pro (15", 2018)

• MacBook Pro (13", 2018, vier Thunderbolt 3-AnschlĂźsse)

• MacBook Pro (15", 2017)

• MacBook Pro (13", 2017, vier Thunderbolt 3-AnschlĂźsse)

• MacBook Pro (13", 2017, zwei Thunderbolt 3-AnschlĂźsse)

• MacBook Pro (15", 2016)

• MacBook Pro (13’’, 2016, vier Thunderbolt 3-AnschlĂźsse)

• MacBook Pro (13’’, 2016, zwei Thunderbolt 3-AnschlĂźsse)

• MacBook Pro (Retina, 15", Mitte 2015)

• MacBook Pro (Retina, 15", Mitte 2015)

• MacBook Pro (Retina, 13", Anfang 2015)

• MacBook Pro (Retina, 15", Mitte 2014)

• MacBook Pro (Retina, 13’’, Mitte 2014)

• MacBook Pro (Retina, 15", Ende 2013)

• MacBook Pro (Retina, 15", Anfang 2013)

• MacBook Pro (Retina, 13", Ende 2013)

• MacBook Pro (Retina, 13", Anfang 2013)

• MacBook Pro (Retina, 15", Mitte 2012)

• MacBook Pro (15", Mitte 2012)

• MacBook Pro (Retina, 13", Ende 2012)

• MacBook Pro (13", Mitte 2012)

So Big Sur is probably fine for GP? Catalina has stopped some plugins (and apps) to work, playing was not so smooth, I would have to increase latency probably…

For plugins you have to make sure that they work under the OS you want to use.
But pianoteq and Kontakt (version 4 I do not know) are working fine under Big Sur.

Yes, 32-bit applications are no longer allowed. Are you using 32-bit plugins?

Yes, I know, I have new M1 MB Pro at the workplace (so far no GP there, but hopefully we will buy one later this year). Not everything (including some fine freewares) runs there. Gettting all worked on M1 is not as easy as in older Mac generations.

Probably I could give a try to the upgrade to Big Sur, maybe it will solve the problem. I will let you know here.

Anyway, so far thank you very much for your help, guys! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I don’t. But there were issues with some freeware plugins (reverbs e.g.) which I use and love them. Simply becase the developers don’t upgrade the code and it won’t pass the newer forms of digital certification. I would have to change all my idea of setting the plugins and gig files. But this will probably come sometimes in the future…:slight_smile:

So, finally update here. After some testing, I have realized that OSC in my large project worked perfectly with predictive loading on, which probably means that the error is caused by some memory mismanagement in Mojave. With less memory used, OSC works just fine. Strange, uh?

Probably the right time to move on, so I have ordered new Mac Mini with M1, planning to slighty rearrange my setup to use just M1 native plugins, which is luckily almost everything I use now.

But my older Macbook Pro will be still in service, just for normal work and also for some older 32-bit applications, which I ocassionally use.