OSC commands to drive two Gig Performer instances

Hello at all,
with the help of the community I managed to use Gig Performer with Lemur.

Now I can manage several parameters from my tablet: the selection of the song, the scenes, the volumes, the start of the song (GP audio player), etc. without ever touching the laptop keyboard.

Fantastic.
I still thank the community that supported me.

I have one last problem left.

For each song I use the audio player to send the click to the drummer and to perform small sequences.
Unfortunately at the change of rackspace the audio player stops.

So I tried (following the advice found in the blog) to use a “new instance”.

Therefore.

a) In the main instance I have all the settings for the use of the vst instruments.
b) In the second instance only the sequences.

The problem is that
I can’t drive the second instance from Lemur. I need to change song and run audio player. someone can help me?
I thank you in advance for every suggestion.
have a nice day

Giorgio

… out of studio…
I think you can “address” each GP instance completely independent, also OSC port.

I have only one OSC device (TouchOSC). Is it possible that two GP instances “listen” to the same OSC device?

You could receive OSC message in the 1st instance and send out the received message to a different port from within scripting in the 1st instance.

1 Like

Yes, if your transmitting source uses “broadcast” rather than a direct address of a specific machine.

https://gigperformer.com/osc-broadcast-mode/

The problem is slightly different here, as there is only one TouchOSC device sending OSC to one PC (1 single IP) with two GP instance (two different ports?). I am not sure it is possible to use the same port for two different instances. :thinking:

No you can’t have two instances listening on the same ports.

This is the kind of thing where MaxMSP becomes very powerful. It would be trivial to have Max listen on one port and just blindly rebroadcast whatever came in on to two other ports

1 Like

You mean listening on same ports?

Yes, sorry, I fixed the typo

It is also possible to use the incoming port of the first instance set to receive OSC from TouchOSC and the outgoing port set to the second instance. As long as the OSC messages are standard GP OSC messages and the GP OSC echo is still active, it should work. It is even possible to loop from the second GP instance to TouchOSC :nerd_face:

Puhhh… Okay! Thanks for that all. Everything doesn’t sound soooo easy.
I’ll try the suggestion of pianopaul first:

And then I will report.

It sounds more complicated that it is.

I solved it with scripting:

On OSCMessageReceived (message : OSCMessage) Matching "/GigPerformer/TestOSC"
    OSC_SendSpecific(message, "192.168.0.1", 54345) // GP IP address and GP listening port of second instance
end

This works well for me. Thank you.
It seems like anything is possible with Gig Performer! Great!

1 Like