Organ Drawbars Not Recalling Properly in Variations

Hi,

I have a rack space with three variations.

The rack space panel has lower and upper drawbars (9 each) all mapped to the corresponding parameters in Kontact for the Hammond B3 (part of vintage organs).

As part of test case I set the first three draw bars to “1” for the first variation, “2” for the second variation and “3” for the third variation. I hit save.

I expect that whenever I select variation 1, they should jump to “!”, when I select variation 2, they should jump to “2” and when I select variation 3, they should jump to “3”.

But when I select 1, they stay at “3”, then I select 2 and the jump to “1”, then 3, they jump to “2”. Then I go back to 1, they stay at “2”, then 2, they go to “3” and some stupid weird pattern that makes no sense.

I have tried all different permutations of
"recall value on load"and “also recall on activate”.

If I click “ignore variations” it just stays at the last drawbar setting.

Anyone know what is going on?

Is this only when using Kontact?

Is it possible for there to be a tug-of-war. between a plugin such as Kontact and the rackspace where the plugin pushes back. Because when I do the sequence, first it looks like it goes to the right spot, then split second later, it jumps to what I described.

What I am attempting to do is to have the organ rack space with each variation being a preset of organ drawbars and other organ control settings - but it doesn’t behave as expected, so I came up with the simple test to illustrate the buggy behavior.

Do not check ignore variations and do not check recall value on load or recall value on activate.
Then it should work.

following, i have the same setup, kinda, but i have the drawbars attached to an expression pedal

I unchecked them as you suggested. No difference. Still that weird behaviour.

I uploaded a video of this happening: https://www.dropbox.com/s/hxgygnwb4z3jwec/IMG_0822.mov?dl=0

Brand new rack space with just the Kontact 5 and B3 organ, and just the four drawbars. It appears to work as expected. So I will try disconnecting a bunch of stuff, or just start over.

Which Kontakt Version are you using?
When you move a drawbar in Kontakt, does it always move the corresponding Widget in Gig Performer in each variation?
Can you remove a widget and create it new and learn?