Only Organ Sound - but no Piano Sound!

I don’t understand why you need to download directly plugins installed directly with GP4. But, if you do so it could be that you need to wodnload and install by hand the samples library. I wanted to see what is in the big piano sample archive, but I cannot unzip it with Windows. @lostin70s do you know why?

What we have in keys of the 70s are the Solina style sounds…

Hi there, I think something happened with gp4 installer. On my web site I distribute the plugin an the sound bank separately but on gp4 it should be all included. Julien

1 Like

Yes nothing wrong with the GP4 installer I think, it is only a question of having the right file access on Mac I think. But, my question was more regarding the big sample file archive on your website. My Win 8.1 tells me the zip file cannot be extracted!?

Are talking about “Big (205 mb) full length samples”?
Link: https://lostin70s.com/assets/samples/RKsamples_big.zip

If so, I’ve just downloaded it and extracted it successfully, using the built-in compression utility in Windows 11 (alternatively, you can also try with open-source apps such as 7zip or PeaZip).

I don’t need to unzip it as it is already installed in GP4, but I wanted to see what’s inside as it was not clear if it is the piano only or more. I found only 3 samples package to download on the @lostin70s website. So I wanted to check if the “big” sample piano archive would contain more than the piano…

1 Like

So @Daniel, if you have access to the piano samples, you have also at least access to 4 others instruments samples, right?

Yes yes it contains five instruments. The difference between big and small is the number of layers In samples but there are the same instruments

To clarify @Daniel thought he gets a lot of gm sounds with lost in 70s pack.
So no issue at all.

It’s worth knowing that the main reason these plugins are included is so that users who have no previous experience with plugins can quickly try out Gig Performer without first having to learn about VSTs, find them online and download them, just to get started”, to get a taste of what can be done.

There are many thousands of plugins out there, for both synths and effects. Lots of free ones (often amazing) and of course lots of commercial plugins as well.

Again, the information I wanted to give you is that using the standard Win8.1 unzip tool, at least your big .zip archive cannot be extracted (I didn’t check the other archives). Perhaps it can be extracted on Mac, Linux, using any third party application or whatever, but not using the standard Win8.1 unzip tool. :wink: