One rackspace, one instrument, more patches

I’m looking for a solution to use more than one preset of a single plugin instrument simultaneously in the same rackspace. For example two OP-X Pro IIs that I play at the same time, one with a pad preset and the other with a lead synth.
I attempted to put two of them into the same rackspace but that didn’t seem to work. The lead synth occasionally generates audio clips, even when played alone.
What am I doing wrong?
Is there any way to solve the problem?

Thank you a lot for your help!!

I don’t know exactly what you’re doing but I just downloaded their new OP-X Pro and instantiated it twice in a rackspace, selected different patches on each of them and it works fine, as I would expect.

1 Like

Regarding the “audio clips”… what is the reading of the internal GP-CPU meter?
What are your settings for sample rate and buffer size?
What audio interface do you use?
What kind of computer do you use (MAC/WIN)
If your are on Windows, are you using a dedicated ASIO driver?
Do other plugins show the same issues?
Do you probably “stall” your audio signal (too loud)?
Questions, questions, questions… please give us more information and try to be as specific as possible, also please upload an example rackspace.

Personally, I would double check that each instance is responding to the midi data. Are they set on the right midi channels? Can you see midi activity?

If you open and use (with the mouse) the keyboard on the Midi in block, does that trigger a sound properly?

If you open the keyboard in the plugin itself and attempt to trigger plugin’s virtual keyboard, does that trigger the sound?

This is the type of (simple) troubleshooting I do when this happens (not uncommon).

As David said, there should be no problem having two instances OP-X Pro and being able to play different patches on them at the same time.

First of all I would like to thank everyone for the replies.
I don’t know what happened but yesterday the problem I described was there and today it no longer occurs. :confused: :man_shrugging:
However, for the sake of fairness, I will answer your questions anyway.

The rackspace I did is exactly as David posted.

On average 24%.

sample rate 48kHz - buffer size 256 samples

Behringer UMC404 HD

PC - Windows 10 Home

I use UMC404 HD ASIO Driver

No I do not think so.

No. The entire rackspace is controlled by mixers and stereo gains. Yesterday when the problem arose I tried to decrease the volumes individually and the master output but nothing changed.
Only when I deleted one of the two instances did the other one start working properly.

I use a MIDI Interface (M-Audio MIDISPORT 4x4 Anniversary Edition)

Nothing

That’s exactly what I used and what gave me the problem.

I can’t answer this question because yesterday it didn’t occur to me to try this way and today everything works correctly.

However, if the problem arises again, I will keep in mind the questions to answer that you suggested.
I thank everyone for the advice, I apologize for having bothered you for nothing and I wish everyone a happy new year.

Fabio

1 Like

Click on global midi monitor and play your keyboards to see what is being sent.

I use OPX PRO II with more than 1 instance in a rackspace with different patches w/no problems.