One button routing

I am looking for a simple way to use a single button to toggle the signal path in GP.

ie… VST instrument runs to either Amp A or… Amp B.

Would like to avoid radio buttons or a crossfade situation. Seems so simple yet I haven’t come up with an easy way.

Route to both amps, use two widget buttons in a group and inverse the value of one of them. Map each button to the bypass parameter of each of the amps. It should work.

1 Like

right… but that’s two buttons. can this be done with one?

actually just thought of something and it works…

map a button widget to the Channel Output of a mixer…

5 Likes

Not clear to me, how is your wiring view and and where are the TWO signal paths?

Piano Gain enters a 4 ch mixer. Button toggles which output pair is used, pair 1-2 go to “amp A” and pair 3-4 go to “amp B”.

3 Likes

Interesting, did you change the widget button value for it to match output 3-4 value when it is pressed?

1 Like

I did reverse the widget value scale to get the desired outcome when the light was “on” yes.

I’ve also found that if you have more than a 4 channel mixer, for example an 8 channel mixer, that the on/off toggle will jump from the lowest pair (1-2) to the highest pair (7-8).

You can of course change this by changing the min/max of the widget value curve so that the button toggles between pairs 3-4 and pairs 5-6 for instance if the curve is set to min ~38 and max ~74.

1 Like

I understand, that why it works without rescaling when you use a four channel mixer. Good idea.

2 Likes

Good job @brandon. I haven’t seen this suggested before. I like it!

2 Likes

Indeed. This is a great find, @brandon !

2 Likes

I tend to put a one stereo channel of a 4 channel mixer to solo and then map the same channels mute button. The will toggle between the two channels.

1 Like