Omnisphere GUI disappears and shows only numbers

I was working on my upcoming performance and out of nowhere my Omnisphere preset lost its GUI and only shows numbers. I luckily saved my multi so I got most of the preset back minus some tweaks. At least I didn’t lose days since that is how long I had been working on the patches.

The solution for anyone who comes across this problem is to use all of the same version of the program on all rack spaces. I had a VST Om in one preset and an AU version on another preset. Once I changed to VST the GUI came back.

Spectrasonics answer to my email:

That GUI issue is caused by going back and forth between AU and VST versions of Omnisphere within the same project.

It’s usually more common in Logic and MainStage but can be experienced in any DAW that is able to load both plugin versions.

It’s outlined here:

https://www.spectrasonics.net/support/knowledgebase_view_topic.php?id=236&categoryID=20&searchq=parameters&c=

The article gives the solution of replacing all VST instances with AU but in your case, you can do the opposite.

It’s definitely better to stick with one though, whichever you choose.

This is what my Omnisphere looked like. I hope this turns to a pict for you to see.

4 Likes

How can it be more common in Logic/MS since those products can only load AUs so you can’t go back and forth unless you start using a bridge wrapper.

I don’t know - that is the response I got from Spectrasonics Tec, which I just copied from my email.

In any case I can’t remove Vienna Instruments from my gig file and I can’t open any gig file except my current session. I am pretty much stuck.

You could remove it manually from the gig file: it is sort of readable in a plain text editor.

BUT It is really a last resort and I recommend very strongly to make a backup of the gig file before tampering with it. It also not supported, but when you’re already in a lost situation it’s worth a try.

When you’ve opened it, you should look for sections mentioning the plugin. Probably you could simply add a character to the name: GP will say it’s missing and use its chameleon replacement (I guess).

Disable it in the plugin manager?

1 Like

If he ever gets there. Should be possible by pressing shift while gp is starting

I opened my current file and in the general preferences and selected open template dialog at startup and I selected nothing and got to the plugin manager that way. Unfortunately the French Horn I was using with Vienna Instruments Pro sounds the best for what I wanted. I could try Synchron Player but since it is Vienna I’m a little Leary about that.

If you hold the SHIFT key down while starting Gig Performer, you will get a dialog that, among other things, allows you to temporarily bypass automatic gig loading.

This is all covered in the documentation

Thank you, I haven’t had the time to completely get back into reading the documentation - I just got back into setting up my live performance with GP for this concert. In the past I have run into problems like this with older sessions not opening up and no time to spend solving problems. I am producing, mixing and mastering so my time is tight. I am going into a performing phase so I will solve the problems this time and whip GP into my style. My setups get very complicated. I have changed equipment and midi configuration so many times that it is hard to always start from scratch.

Thanks for your help - your company is very responsive which I can’t say about a lot of other companies these days.

You guys solve problems very quick - also your community is very helpful and engaged. Love it!

Ok Ok I just got back into GP from a big break (at least a year or more). Love the response! I will not say yes to a gig unless I’m GP prepared. I’m on it! Will probably still have questions, but will solve anything a toddler can figure out! Ha!!

2 Likes