NRPM and My AKAI Professional MPK49

If the only thing that changes using the other knobs is the MIDI channel, my Gig Script already works with different MIDI channel. Does it already works for the other knobs of your MPK49?

If you have a link of the NRPN MIDI chart of the MPK49, please post it. I don’t fully understand your screenshots…

I mean, I can use different channels for different knobs, but in fact it should work differently, I realized that the code works for any channels.

The NRPN message has 5 signals:
1, 2 - CC98 and CC99 messages, which indicate the number (code) for accessing a certain parameter of the synthesizer, this chart is not from MPK49, this is from the particular model of the synthesizer, each has its own table in which each parameter has its own code (MSB+LSB from CC98, CC99), so you need to look at the tables at the particular synthesizer. Thus the parameter is selected
3 - indicates a decrease or increase in this value (it depends on the CC message number: 96 or 97)
4, 5 - send CC98 and CC99 with values 127 to return them to the initial value, to untie them from a certain parameter
So, it works like: accessing a specific parameter, “opening a connection”, a message about a parameter change, and “closing a connection”

Each handle of the midi controller in the NRPN message mode sends its CC98, CC99 with certain values. I configure these values in MPK49. For the first encoder it can be 100, 105, for the second encoder it can be 45, 55, and so on. And then these values are compared with the synthesizer chart, so we find the parameter … (by the way, the values from 0 to 127 in these tables are represented as a pair of hexadecimal numbers)

This is how it works.

That’s what we need to know to make the Gig Script work for all the MPK49 knobs.

Of course that’s not what you want to do when using Gig Performer. In GP you map your MOK49 knobs to Widget Knobel and you control synth parameters from the Widgets.

That’s right, and I do not know how to apply the script in this case. In any case, the way it works now makes me happy, and I think that’s enough of our torment :slight_smile:

So you are happy with only one working knob? You don’t need the seven others? :face_with_monocle:

1 Like

I will work with different channels for different knobs :slight_smile:

So you can configure the same NRPN coding and have a different channel for each knob, right?

Yes, rigth

1 Like

For what its worth. one of the Pizmidi plugins is an NRPN Converter.

1 Like