Novation 61SL MkIII controller vs. NI S61 Controller - which is better with GP?

Hi, I have assigned the first knob to control the volume of channel 1/2 for the audiomixer.
I want to change the volume much quicker than it’s default.
I found in the manual that I have to change the caption of the widget.
So I changed general Customize caption on, Channel 1-2 volume to Channel 1-2 volume_25
This does not affect my knob like I want it to be.
I also notice that turning the knob backwards is much slower. If I wan’t to turn the volume down completely it’s very slow.
I think I’m doing something wrong (again)?.

I’ll start a new thread for this extension in the proper place, so we’re not completely hijacking this thread and so the answers to such questions will be in a place others will find them in the future.

The short answer here is that the extension doesn’t look for that “resolution” field in the caption of the knob widget itself. I didn’t want it to appear in that caption because that’s what shows up on your panel, and it would look silly to have a knob with the label “volume_25”.

If the name of that knob widget is “sl_k_vols_1” then the extension will look for an associated “parameter widget” called “sl_kp_vols_1”. Note the addition of the ‘p’ in the ‘kp’ part. That parameter widget can be used to set all the various options for how it’s displayed on the SLMK3 screen as well as the resolution. Create a text widget with that name and give it a caption like “Volume_25”. That will cause the knob to show up on the MK3 with the label “Volume” and 25 ticks to go from 0-100%. (The color information will be taken from the fill color and outline color of that same parameter widget. I usually check the “hide” option so it vanishes when not in edit mode.)

That’s described in page 3 of the documentation. I realize it’s complicated, but for now the only way to communicate preferences to the extension is through widgets that adhere to a specific naming convention so it knows how to find them.

If it’s still not working you can private message me a gigfile and I can take a look and see what’s going on.