Not recognizing my nord

So GP is recognizing my MOX6 which is plugged into my regular usb port on my laptop. I have a midi to usb-c cable to plug into the usb-c port on the laptop. When I load GP it doesn’t see that midi controller.

Check the MIDI Port Options window in the Options Window in Gig Performer

Windows or Macosx?

Does it see ANY controller? If you’re using a MIDI to USB cable, then Gig Performer (indeed any application) will not know that there is a “Nord” at the other end, they will just see a generic MIDI interface

I am using a Windows laptop. When I plug into the usb-c slot. All I see is the gp midi port. When I plug into the old style usb port I see mioXC (the name of the converter) listed in midi input ports. I’ve tried this cable with my Keylab also and I am not getting any midi signals. When I use a usb cable into GP it recognizes it right away. Another piece of information I have is I only hear the usb acknowledgement sound when I plug into the old usb port. I am planning on using the one usb port for my other live keyboard which has an audio interface built in. Thanks for any help.

Gig Performer only picks what your operating system reports.

If your computer detects your MIDI controller when plugged in directly, but not using a MIDI adapter/interface, then I’d try with a different adapter/interface – there lies a problem.