Noob Qestion. Best Dual footswitch/methods for simple variation changes?

Thanks for your comments. I just got one a few days ago and it feels way more heavy and solid than it looks. I’m really happy with it.

1 Like

If I were you, I would mount that onto a Pedaltrain Metro 16

I would also find the Neutrik USB

And mount it on one of these:

And I always mount devices to Pedaltrain boards using the following 3M Dual Lock tape. Holds better than anything I know and you can remove it from the board easy enough to reposition in the event you want to reconfigure your board.

The USB connectors on devices like the Loop switcher you have are prone to breaking when you use it multiple times. So I would get a short USB cable from the Loop Switcher to the Neutrik Connector and then use your cable from the PC to the Neutrik connector on your pedal board. And if anything breaks, you just have to replace the Neutrik device rather than sending your Blackstar looper back to the factory to get fixed. This can happen with other similar devices from other manufacturers where the small plastic piece inside the USB-B connector breaks and then you cant use your device.

2 Likes

I’ll look more into this. Thanks for the tip!

It looks like the Pedaltrain Metro is flat and low to the ground. Did you install the 2 port panel on the top of the Metro? That would seem to leave it fairly exposed. Have you had any problem with that? Do you have any pictures?

1 Like

Sorry I have been a way from the Forum for a few days. I actually have used the 2 Port Panel on the bottom of a standard Pedaltrain to the right or left. But I have placed some other enclosures on the top as well and although it might be exposed a bit, you will find that the height of the panel is about the same height as your pedal switcher so it may not be an issue.

The two port panel is pretty strong metal and once it is screwed to the Pedal train base, then it will be very sturdy and you will see that your cables will be protected.

This particular picture shows a PowerCon connector but you can use EtherCon, USB, etc.

1 Like

Ive just purchased a fcb1010. Can you use the expression pedals for volume and say a leslie control?

The expression pedals send control change (CC) messages, so you can learn it to a widget in GP to control whatever you want.

1 Like

3 posts were split to a new topic: Blackstar Live Logic pedalboard