Next/Previous Preset in Arturia B-3 V2

Dear Musicians,

In Arturia’s Hammond B-3 V2 are two small Buttons in the Top to switch Presets back and forward. In GP4 (Mapping of the Plugin / LED-Button) there are also “Next Preset” and “Previous Preset” as parameters to choose from.

But using these parameters with 2 normal Buttons (previous/next) and assigning them to these doesn’t work. Dr. Google didn’t give me a solution…so I just would like to ask: Does anyone of you have am idea how to solve this?

I already got this working with TouchOSC and all Drawbars, the Rotary(Fast/Slow) and Rotary Brake…so I was hoping, this should work the same…

Thanks ahead for any advice :slight_smile:

Thomas

Do the widgets react when you press the assigned parameter in b3?
Can you show a screenshot how you did map the widgets to the plugin parameters?

Doesn’t work here too. Maybe a bug within the plugin?

That is odd. I assigned widgets to those parameters. You can see the arrows in the plugin light up when pressing the widget. But, nothing happens. It must be a bug.

@ TWhunter74
Should be reported to Arturia.

1 Like

Thanks a lot! I did that this morning (Bug Report to Arturia) and will give you a feedback of what their answer is :wink:

I tried to reproduce, but I do not see this parameters.
Where do you see them, can you post a screenshot?

Sure - here’s the Screenshot

1 Like

Ok and where are this parameters located in the plugin?
And on my Mac the parametee list is way longer…

I’m also on the Mac - I just used the filter-field below and typed “preset” in as you see :wink:

As described in my first post/first sentence: the small Arrows in the top of the plugin for "previous Preset " and “next Preset”

The relevant parameters are near the end of the really very long list.

Just an idea… have you checked a probably different behavior of the different plugin formats VST/VST3/AU?

Just tried that: In VST3 and AU these parameters exist (but don’t work in both of them as described).

In VST the parameters are missing completely and no others are there that seem to be similar (that might be the reason why pianopaul couldn’t find them).

2 Likes

After several e-Mails with the support (until they were able to reproduce that) I got this final message:

Thank you for your reply and thank you for the files shared.
I’ve been trying these days to make it work, unfortunately, I did not succeed.
I’ll share this with the dev team for consideration, hoping it gets fixed in the future.
Unfortunately, as Gig Performer is not one of the supported DAWs I can’t guarantee that it will be fixed, I’m really sorry about that.

So…it might be a good idea to let Arturia know, that GigPerformer is worth to get in there list of supported “DAWs” :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

If there are any news, I will post them here. Thank you all for your support to solve this.

Thomas

1 Like

Actually, we have a very good relationship with Arturia — whoever responded to that wasn’t aware.
I will reach out to them.

3 Likes

Just tested here on Windows, seems to work fine with the VST3 plugin.

Here’s the Test-File I sent to Arturia’s Support. That means: If you’re opening this gig-File, the next/previous Buttons (Widgets) work on the Panel with the Windows-Version? Or am I doing’ something wrong?

If this file works for Windows…is it still a Bug on Arturia’s Side? (because the VST’s are a completely different compiled for Windows/Mac) or do you think different?

ArturiaTest_1.gig (427.5 KB)

Hi everyone,

Just chiping in to give your more infos as I’m currently testing a fix regarding this issue.

We’re currently working on a V Collection update that should be released within the nex few months.

However, it is good to know that in our software instruments, Next/Previous preset are not available as VST parameters (VST, VST3 or AU) contraty to other parameters like drawbars, etc…

The only way to change presets is via MIDI CCs messages.

To do that you’ll first need to map Next/Previous to MIDI CCs:

• Open B-3 Settings tab and select MIDI
  • In the MIDI config menu select ‘Empty’ (if you don’t want to CCs to directly control B-3 internal parameters)
  • Click on Learn
  • Click on Next/Previous arrow
  • Send a MIDI CC via an external controller (or via a dedicated Gig performer MIDI module)

→ Next/Previous settings will then be mapped to those CC values with their corresponding MIDI Channel

→ It is also now possible to change the MIDI CC value aswell as the dedicated MIDI Channel (You can choose a dedicated MIDI Channel if you want to be safe

Now in GIG Performer:

• Add two LED Button widgets via Edit Pannel
  • Set them both to be ‘Momentary Touch’
  • Map them to the B-3 V instrument
  • Select Next and Previous Preset (This is only to have them named correctly it actually won’t send anything to B-3)
  • Now in the Widget Properties select MIDI tab anc click on Edit
  • Select Local GP Port as a device
  • Select ‘Control change’ as message type and the corresponding CC# et MIDI Channel you already set up within the B-3

You should now be able to use those button to change presets!

Hope it will work fine for you (when the fix is out ;D)

Adrien - QA Technician
ARTURIA

3 Likes

Hi Adrien, welcome to the Forum

Just tested, the next preset Icon in B-3 reacts but the preset is not changed.

1 Like

Yes, fixed in next version :wink:

1 Like