Newbie Hi, thanks, and location!

Yup. Brand new to GP and I’m blown away by the knowledge base here. I have a LOT to learn for sure, but to start, I’m primarily going to using GP with all the Music Lab Guitar patches to fill in the ‘we only have one guitar player’ holes in my new “Soccer Dad Band”. :). Korg MainStage is my main axe for now…and a single manual Hammond XK 5/Leslie 3300 combo…but…after seeing a few of the Hammond Sets with IK here…I may give my back a break. :slight_smile: Any chance there’s any fellow Pacific NW people here? Thanks, and back to lurking, reading, and learning!

Dave Gross
Seattle, WA

1 Like

Welcome @DaveG ….and have fun experimenting!! And…don’t ever hesitate to ask something. There’s always someone available with a vast knowledge of GP.

2 Likes

Hello, Dave!

1 Like

Much thanks all!.. Gotta find that cool thread that compared nomenclature of GP compared to MainStage :). made a lot more sense (not that I’ve use MS that much)…But, lifelong Logic user since The Before Times.

Hi @DaveG, and welcome to the GP community forum :wink:

Before you ask… controlling GP Widgets with a XK5 will perhaps necessitate to have a look here:

But, don’t be scared, if you need it, people here will help you to go further…

1 Like

@David-san lordy :slight_smile: THAT is cool. I actually may just use my new 61key NI Komplete Kontrol MKIII as my Gig Perf controller. The Music Lab stuff feels good with it. Same with Omnsiphere/Keyscape. I actually prefer the NI action to the Nautilus :confused:

2 Likes

Welcome to the GP forum, Dave! I live in France, so just a hop, skip, jump and 12 hour flight to Seattle. I had family there in the late '50s and '60s, and got to visit the World’s Fair in '62. That was a blast. But what I’d most like to revisit is Pioneer Square. Back when I was working in the States, I spent many evenings bar hopping for the different bands, and loved that fact that you could buy a multi-bar cover charge. One sad memory was the day after Kurt Cobain pulled the trigger. I went up to Volunteer Park with many others and listened to all the Nirvana songs blasted by a local FM station’s van’s sound system. A sad and joyful memory at the same time.

I have the S61 MkII controller and love it. But. Must. Avoid. MkIII. Upgrade. GAS. :guitar: :sunglasses:

hi @themaartian I’m a few years behind ya…moved here in 94…but, I sure do remember the Pioneer Square ‘one cover all the clubs’ scene. SOOO not like that here any more…kinda sad.

Oh… you DO want the Mk III. Massive improvement, and a total GAS to use… hahahahahah :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for nothing. :rofl: Money gone. Mk 3 shipping from Germany and arriving Thursday or Friday. The polyphonic aftertouch got me. Oh, and the direct support for Kontakt 7, so no need to use Komplete Kontrol, which I’m not fond of. Plus, it gave me an excuse to order the correct dust cover. I mistakenly ordered one for an 88 key controller. I’ve been waiting for another Thomann order over 50 €, so I don’t have to pay 5,90 € for shipping. Any excuse, right? :grin:

Sorry to hear that the multi-club cover is no longer available. I remember it costing about $10, with individual covers about $7. It was great for trying out different bands and not having to guess, and then fork over another $7 if I didn’t like guess #1. I wasn’t a Seattle resident, so all the bands were unknown to me. There were nights when it took me 3 tries to find one I liked enough to drink through a couple of sets. And if I happened to really like guess #1, hey, $3 is less than the cost of one beer.

1 Like

Direct Support for K7 got me too :slight_smile:

Hi. I am primarily locked in with Music Lab. I actually use a PS Guitar controller in joystick mode for all my music. Works well. Cheers, and all the best.

1 Like