New videos GP3 from Plugin Alliance

I’m a PA MEGA bundle subscriber, but I jumped to the Unlocked version immediately. :grinning: Been experimenting the last couple of days and so far I’m very impressed with GP3. Very easy to get started building your own rigs, even without reading the manual.

4 Likes

Welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

I’m really glad these bundles make more people take a look at GP. I still see so many people getting frustrated while using (for instance) MainStage because they don’t know there is another software that would make their life easier and less painful :smiley:

2 Likes

I’m glad Dirk and PA introduced GP3, because I -most likely- wouldn’t have found this. I don’t perform or play in bands anymore, most of my content is either coming from my fieldrecorder or created with plugins inside a DAW. I do have several stringed instruments, but I use those for sound design or to jam/record ideas and content with. Wanted to get away from working in DAW’s and computers a bit more. So I was about to start a hardware pedal-board to record and create new content with the weird sound devices I’m building myself.

Went down that slippery slope of pedals before and this time it also would’ve become quit the investment (Red Panda, Empress, Eventide, Earthquaker Devices, Walrus Audio… etc.). Most of those pedals I already have more or less in 0’s & 1’s. Have been a beta tester and “digital” musician for a long time, so my collection of plugins is expanding almost each month.

Ordered a Nektar Pacer with 2 expression pedals to control GP3, already had the NI S61. Now I have a very nice virtual pedal-board for less than what the VoodooLabs power supply would’ve cost me. I’ll still will end up with a few HW pedal collection, but that has less rush now. There’s not a good and clean software substitute for Looper pedals yet IMHO.

I recently bought a midi pedal switcher and GP3 works brilliantly sending out the program change messages to switch my analog fuzz pedals. So now I’ve got the best of both worlds with seamless integration of software and hardware pedals! Although it’s got me tempted to pick up some Chase Bliss pedals, but for that amount I could get soooo many more plugins…

1 Like

I haven’t come across anything better than using Ableton Live.

So does this mean, GP will be developed in different ways in the future ?