New VB3 Hammond B3 plugin

So looks like there’s finally a new version of the old favorite VB3 and now a 64-bit version for Macs. It will be interesting to see how it compares to Blue3, which is what I used to replace VB3

http://www.genuinesoundware.com/?a=showproduct&b=44

1 Like

Nice!

I did some direct A/B comparisons last summer and I prefered Blue3 in all cases. But let’s see how the new version sounds. It might work a bit better for crunchier rock organ sounds with more overdrive. I will use a separate leslie simulation anyway…

Which leslie effect do you like best? As I mentioned in a separate post, I have had great success with MeldaProduction MVintageRotary.

I find Leslie from IK Multimedia the best.

I like L’otary 2 by PSP very much.

http://www.pspaudioware.com/plugins/multimode_effects/psp_lotary/

I used the old one for years until Blue3 showed up. I did not expect that VB3 was ever going to be updated again. Are you going A/B the new version?

I will compare Blue3 with the new VB3 II in context of my Pink Floyd Project.

WOW…I gave up on looking for a new VB3 years ago…LOL…fantastic! Crumar Mojo sounds awesome, which runs on this, so hopefully they didn’t cripple it in some way. If it’s the exact software that’s in Mojo and GSi-122, I’ll be VERY happy!!

Loving acoustic samples B5 even with the UVI workstation requirements. no problems at all in Gig performer.

I still prefer Blue3 over VB3, having tried the new VB3. B5 from UVI is very good but it’s sample based and unless the audio quality is compromised I much prefer physical modeled plugins over sample-based ones.

1 Like

I like both sample based and physical modeling. Just depends on the implementation. Whatever makes the music inspiring for you and the audience.

Try the Leslie that comes as a separate plugin with Blue3. It is seems to have more byte (pardon the pun) than VB3. Because it is a separate, you might want to try it with guitar plugin. Just my two cents :slight_smile:

I remember the old days when guys like Greg Rollie, Tom Coster and Steve Winwood played with several Leslies on stage at the same time with each one being slightly out of phase. I am going to setup a rackspace with Blues3 outputting to 4 distinct Blues3-Leslies at the same time and route their output to different ports on my Fireface 800. Of course I will have to play with their parameters so they all won’t sound the same. What do you think?

I also like L’otary, but what a CPU hog.

With GP idling, I have about 2% CPU usage. Instantiating one instance of L’otary raises it to 19%. Switch L’otary to hi-res (Brilliant) mode, and the usage rises to 31%. So, regular mode for live and tracking, brilliant mode when bouncing to audio in you DAW.