New to Gig Performer and looks great - Questions

1 600 € is expensive. First I have heard of that pedalboard. Bookmarked for possible future need.

They have several models - there’s a GT/10 that’s $1,300 but yeah, it’s expensive. But it’s damn good!

1 Like

Hmmm… but they say:

bidirectional transmission of MIDI data via newly developed RRC2 protocol (for example also the patch names),

EDIT: Forget it - this only part of the RRC (Network) connection… didn’t recognize it.

Yes I thought the FC would do biderectional too. Not so much.

The GT10 is interesting for sure. It’ a shame Fractal doesn’t let the FC units act as Midi controllers for other products. It works amazing with theirs!

MM

Just a crazy idea… if you are willing to spend some 100 bucks for a “stupid” MIDI-controller… why not spend some 100 bucks for a cool multi-effects pedal that could also work like a controller pedal?
I just looked around a bit and this device seems to be quite cool:

And it also offers a wide MIDI-functionality (but i don’t know if it also supports bidirectional signal flow).
As i said: It’s just a wild idea… maybe too wild. :crazy_face:

EDIT:
Here is the page for the manuals…
http://m.mooeraudio.com/companyfile/GE300-Downloads-145.html

I use the SoftStep 2 for my main foot controller, it does lots of great stuff and unlike my old FC-300 it does not weigh 1000 pounds. And it’s small. And it’s pretty easy to at least control the LEDs via MIDI.

Another useful feature of GP is the ability to capture variations of variations in your setlist - so each instance of a variation can actually be different. And if you like the new variation of the variation enough, you can capture it back to be the main variation.

One more suggestion: add the word “rackspace” to your autocorrect list as a real word! Otherwise, all we see is “backspace” - this plagued me for a while too. Until GP rules the world, as it rightfully should, we’ll have to do this.

6 Likes

Thanks for the Info. You guys are all awesome! Helping me with the learning curve which is a little different then the Fractal World.

Another 2 Questions - I have an Expression Pedal that in the Toe position is Electric and in the Heel Position is Acoustic. Is there a way when I change variations that it keeps the CURRENT position of the Pedal and not the position when I saved it or a Specific value? Thanks!

And if I have an expression switch on that same pedal I assume I can use it tp trigger the way on and off but when I do that and use the pedal for the way sweep, how do I then keep it from controlling the volume? Effectively a combination Was and Volume Pedal based on whether the switch is on or off

Thanks

You can just go to the value tab of that widget and select “Ignore Variations” and it will not change when you switch variations, but keep the last value.

As long as that switch sends some kind of a MIDI message you can use it to control anything you want. It could control different things in different rackspaces just like your expression pedal.