We have a new update 1.6.8. that we’re about to release live. We’d like a few adventurous users to take it for a quick spin first.
DO NOT DO THIS if you are about to perform live!!!
You should make a backup copy of your current Gig Performer AND you should make backup copies of any gig files that you test with this new version. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.
There are a few enhancements and some important bug fixes. See the bottom of this post for details.
If you want to try it, the links are below. Please send us any feedback.
- The Plugin Manager now allows you to hide plugins that you don’t need to use, thereby reducing clutter
- The Gain Control plugin can now mute incoming audio
- If virtual channels are needed, we now show how many audio channels are missing.
- Added Normal vs Delayed instantiation mode for plugins. This is managed through the Plugin Manager. Delayed mode is a temporary workaround to address a state restoration issue caused by a problem introduced in the latest release of Arturia’s plugins.
- Fixed problem with predictive loading where a plugin might be unexpectedly bypassed in a rackspace
- Fixed problem where a widget MIDI assignment could not be properly removed
- If you remove a program change assignment from a variation, GP now correctly remembers that removal.
- Fixed a problem where updating a specific rackspace in a gig file could overwrite a rackspace in another gig file
- Fixed problem where GP could crash when assigning Tap Tempo MIDI control to a global MIDI control.