New B-5 Organ from AcousticSamples

There is a new Version V3 avaiable:
https://www.acousticsamples.net/B5

And it is a free upgrade to all V2-Users

I already installed it, it is very faithful and many options

I compared with IK Multimedia Hammond
And for my Pink Floyd Band I like IK Multimedia most.

I still do not compare them, but the Hammond B-3X wins in sound, in consumption Mmmmmmm

Yes cpu usage is the price for the sound…

For me it’s much better than the old B-5 V2.5 version. And some combinations of voicing and tonewheel models sound very good with my headphones. The last gigs I used Hammond B-3X. I’m not sure whether the Hammond B-3X is much better in the context of our band, I have to try in the future, when a band rehearsal is possible again.

Is there a way to test this B5? I didn’t found any trial version to download from Acoustic Sample… :face_with_monocle:

No Test-Version, but is is a free upgrade for V2.5 Users

Hummm… what a pity!

Free for V 2.5 Users?

No, I am happy for V2.5 user, but not really for not being able to try it before buying.

Meanwhile I’m less excited about the new B-5 V3. I have a rackspace with a very special combination of the B-5 V3, but it doesn’t work. Every time I restart Gig Performer, there is no sound, I see a red frame around the Organ and I have to reload a new preset. But only in this rackspace, in another rackspace my combination of the B-5 V3 works. I programmed the Hammond B-3X and there is no problem. The sound of the Hammond in this rackspace isn’t better, it is different. But with the B-3X I’m on the safe side.

Did you contact AcusticSamples?

That is on my “To-Do-List”.

I fear, it’s a Windows-Problem, I just opened my MBP with the same gig-file (on Mac), it works. But on my MBP (Catalina, late 2013) I can’t “connect” GigPerformer with Jamulus (I tried to use Backhole). On Windows (with Voicemeeter) it is no problem. l will ask that probably in another thread, but at first I will search here in the forum or in the blog,

A little help please? My mac (m1) freezes when I try to map the b5 to widgets, what am I doing wrong?

Did you try to run under Rosetta?

Did you try the AU (AudioUnit) format?

Could you describe in detail exactly what you did from the beginning to when the freeze occured

Yeah, thanks for the reply

1. Mac m1 (will try rosetta later tonight)
  2. Started new panel in GP
  3. Loaded the desired widgets (mute, volume slider, 9 drawbars and expression pedal)
  4. went into B5 and assigned host automations within the plugin
  5. went back to GP to connect widgets to the assigned automations and it is during this process that the mac freezes. I am usually able to map the mute, slider and half the draw bars before it freezes

Is that enough detail? Thanks again

That sounds right — have you checked with the B5 developer to confirm that host automation works properly when running that plugin on an M1 under Rosetta?