Need help installing Wave Pro VST files

Hello folks, and before I begin thanks for all your assistance, you guys/gals are great. I purchased a VST plugin called Wave Pro, followed the instructions to copy and past the data folder and a DLL file to the VSTplugins folder, then scanned to see the new plugins and I cannot find them, GP is not finding the plugins and just need help tp get them in use, The company said the files are VST. I noticed the current plusing I use in GP are in the VST3 folder, but the company says to put the files in the VST folder.

This is a screenshot of where the files are located on my system

Gerry

If the plugijn file has a .vst3 extension, it needs to go in: C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3

but if the extension is .dll, then pop it in the C:\Program Files\VSTPlugIns folder.

You can also add extra VST2 plugin folders for GP to check in the Plugin Manager window… just click the Manage... button:

1 Like

Is this what you got?

If it is, note, it look like there would be two different type of files you have to worry about.

The .dll (vst) or .vst3 is the application. I should be picked up when the plugin manager scans the folder it is in (it should reach subfolders too)

But, it looks like your software also contains data files (samples, etc.)

So, the application has to be set up so it finds that data (samples, etc.). So, you need to make sure that pathway is correct.

Most people put that type of (more memory intensive data) on an external solid state drive.

Jeff

1 Like

Thanks for the info. A rep from the company jumped on Zoom and fixed it for me in 3 minutes. I just needed to use the plugin manager to find them and re-scan them into GP. You guys are great for responding as you do. Thanks again.
Gerry

Thank you. A rep from the company jumped on Zoom and fixed it for me in 3 minutes. I just needed to use the plugin manager to find them and re-scan them into GP. You guys are great for responding as you do. Thanks again.
Gerry

3 Likes