Mute Buttons for Audio In/Out Not Working in Wiring View?

Summary: The main audio in/out channel mute/unmute buttons do not work when in Wiring view, nor status replicated when switched to Global view; the main audio in/out channel mute/unmute buttons DO work in Global view, but status not replicated in Wiring view.

I don’t know if the following behavior is a glitch specific to my computer and/or Windows, or if it can be replicated.

Detail/Description
In Global view, selecting the Audio In/Out (1 and 2 in the screen capture) mutes and unmutes the output channels as shown. See first screen capture.

In Wiring view though, what I selected in Global view is not replicated in Wiring view. The output channels appear to be unmuted. See second screen capture.

In the third screen capture, Global view, I have unmuted channels 1 & 2, see screen capture three, which are:

Shown unmuted correctly and active in the fourth screen capture in Wiring view.

However, if I mute channels 1 & 2 in Wiring view, they do not mute the audio as seen in the fifth screen capture, nor do:

Channels 1 & 2 in Global view have the muted status displayed in Wiring view as seen in the sixth screen capture.

I have checked this behavior for all the other input and output audio channels I have, all exhibit the same behavior: 1) muting/unmuting in wiring view has no effect on audio in or out, and the status displayed in Wiring view is not displayed in Global view; 2) Muting/unmuting in Global view does mute/unmute the appropriate channel, but it’s status is not replicated in Wiring view.

My question is if this is unique to me/my setup, or can it be replicated by someone else? Is it unique to Windows, or is it the same with Apple?

Thanks!






The buttons down there are only for the block of the active rackspace. You have the audio routed from a local rackspace to the global rackspace, so the audio isn’t actually going to the Audio Out block of that local rackspace. That’s why the buttons have no effect there.

Thanks. Now understood.