Multiple OSC output IPs from GP?

Hi I am thinking of using GP from PC as sort of a digital mixer for monitor mixing as well as FOH - having 4 16 channel mixers in a GP rack each with faders for level and pan for all instruments coming in from the interface and possibly some simple eq for each of the members of our band.
Further there would be one more digital mixer in any rack with the FOH mix - we would go to active speakers - the full mix for every song would be arranged from a GP rack having also faders, pan and a 30 band eq to set for the overall mix… a sound engineer or someone with good ears would define the mix per song from an iPad)

I would create Lemur templates for everyone to load upon his phone with OSC addresses to reach their own mixer and faders - sort of like a poor mans X32 setup :smile:
Since every phone with Lemur would send out to the GP listening address I would expect that to work fine, but from GP I would only have one address to send out to, so every change made near the computer would not reach a ‘dedicated’ phone…
Is there a way of sending OSC data to different IPs using scripting or am I reaching limits of what is possible?
If there is no way then only the master (FOH mix) would be the dedicated send address from GP, while still being able to receive from all Lemur phones, but if there is an option to make it accessible both ways, that would make it even nicer…
Will try if the idea with multiple Lemurs and GP mixers works coming friday…
cheers Hans

Well, there is

https://www.gigperformer.com/downloads/GPScript/SystemFunctionList.html#OSC_SendSpecific

but it might be easier to just create multiple GP instances in which case each instance can have its own incoming port and outgoing IP address and port

Getting very advanced here :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi David, thanks I guess that OsSendSpecific is indeed what I would need…

Mainly an Apple man here, so no running multiple instance here, but on PC I could run the application multiple times??? But I wonder how I would go about affecting each other then - I still want to have one overall FOH mix… really have to think and try what works best…
First of all will try the approach I described with only FOH being bidirectional while the separate mixes being one-directional, so only to GP, that should work with the least hassle…(if the total overload of 5 16 channel mixers isn’t going to bog down the system)
You don’t have a REAL simple very low cpu EQ plugin (hi, hi-mid, mid-low, low) laying around your source codes and never yet thought of implementing in GP, do you?? :smiley:
I’d like to have that with the separate mixes so everyone can make their own mix and eq-setting…

Will see how everything works and keep you guys posted…
We have tested last weekend with the band - took PC with GP with us and especially the monitoring was a problem… so either this solution or going back and use an old Behringer DDX3216 table that I still have lying around…

cheers Hans

Go to options - advanced … turn on multi-instance support
Then, from the file menu, create new instances :wink:

probably not related but of note… I am getting multiple IP addresses showing up in GP’s OSC page on one of my two machines running GP. The other machine just publishes a single IP address but my main computer has a slew of them.

What might be going on here? I can’t ping any of these other addresses.

Do you have any VMs on that machine? Do you have a VPN installed?

Those exotic IPs are familiar to me too and I have neither VMs nor VPN installed…

I don’t have a VPN or VMs running… and one of those numbers that Gig Performer is stating as it’s IP address is actually the address that OSC is sending as it’s address (172.20.2.57). The only other thing I am running is Synergy but it just uses the LAN IP address, it’s not acting as a server.

I am assuming that only the first number in that list is actually GP’s OSC IP address, it’s working with OSC and pingable. Not sure why the others show up in this list.

If you go to your network settings, what do you see? For example here are mine (with most redacted for privacy reasons).

• Also, those 239…224 addresses are typically used for IP multicast
  • The 169.254.x.x are generally the result of your machine not being given an IP address at some point
  • The 239.x.x.x is often used for plug and play

as basic as it comes…

There must be something else running as a server?

What happens when you run ipconfig /all from the Power shell?

There should be more info about those IP addresses.