Multiple Instances and Midi Controller Issue

This should work straightforwardly using OSC to send the program change messages from the main instance to the second instance. It should also be possible to do it via a virtual MIDI port like loopbe1. At least if you keep the focus on the main instance. If not, it would have to be further tested…

How to technically do this? Sorry, I am not experienced with midi data :sweat_smile:

In Gig Performer you can send a PC message to a Midi Device when the song is changed
or when a rackspace is activated.
Now you would send it to a virtual Midi Port.
In the 2nd instance you would give your variations PC numbers and PC messages should be received on this virtual Midi Port.

2 Likes

Thanks, I’ll try to figure it out in GP.

@pianopaul is right it could be that it is perhaps a bit easier using MIDI.

in the first instance

• Add a virtual MIDI out block (e.g. the free loopbe1 Windows virtual MIDI port / IAC on Mac)
  • in the menu “options”->MIDI ports->disable the MIDI in Loopbe1 port (to avoid potential MIDI loop)
  • add a Loopbe1 MIDI out block
  • double clic on the Loopbe1 MIDI out block to display the properties and set the PC properties to what you want

in the second instance

• assign a PC number to the variations you want to switch to

Did I forget something?

2 Likes

That should be ok

However the OSC alternative is interesting too because beside the network settings that have to be setup properly, then the GP instances keeps synchronized without additional operation.

1 Like