Morningstar MC6 MkII Midi Foot Switch Help

I’ve just purchased this programmable foot switch and I’m having some trouble getting GP to recognize the MIDI CC signals for turning widgets off/on. I’m sure I’m missing something here. Maybe a few somethings. Is there anyone familiar with this switch that can help me out in configuring it with GP? Thanks in advance.

Scott

Does Gig Performer list this Device in the Midi Ports Preferences and if it is shown, did you enable it?

Yes, it is listed. I’m wondering if I can map to a specific CC @ the widget. I only see a LEARN function which doesn’t detect the switch.

OK, so Gig Performer sees it, that’s fine (just to be sure: and it is checked?)
What does the global MIDI Monitor show when you press a switch on your controller?

Did you press the LEARN button and while it is red press your switch on the MIDI controller and when your are finished press learn again.
You have to press ths switch on your controller so that Gig Performer can learn it.

Yes, I follow it exactly as you describe. When I press the foot switch, the status never changes from (no MIDI In assignment yet). It’s not seeing the MIDI CC messages, I think.

I’ve confirmed the foot switch is sending CC messages inside the configuration software. I’ve set Switch A to CC71 on Ch 1 @ 127 value.

And Gig Performer does not react ?

correct

Did you test with a complete new gig?
What does the global MIDI Monitor show?

I’m using a blank new rig with a test rackspace of Bias FX2. If you’re referring to the MIDI meter in the top right just above the CPU%, there’s no movement.

There is a misunderstanding.
Here you see how to activate the MIDI Monitor Window

Thanks for clarifying. No action in this monitor either when button is pressed. It may be a configuration issue on the switch itself.

How does you preferences of the MIDI Ports look like?

If you mean on the MIDI Ports screen, it shows the MC6 as checked on input & output as well as a few other controllers I use. I may be misunderstanding again.

You say it’s listed in the MIDI Input Posts…but did you click on the blue box to enable it?

It should be clicked by default. Based on what I’ve seen so far, either it’s not really sending out the event or something else is intercepting it

Yes it is blue on input & output

You say it’s listed in the MIDI Input Posts…but did you click on the blue box to enable it?

Are you on Mac?

Are you on Mac?

No Win 10

It should be clicked by default. Based on what I’ve seen so far, either it’s not really sending out the event or something else is intercepting it

It’s starting to look that way. I’m unfamiliar with configuring this foot switch so I’m leaning towards incorrect configuration settings. I’m also a novice w/ MIDI in general.